Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

Jeh

What's the Cost of Buying a New Car vs Used Car?

What's the Cost of Buying a New Car vs Used Car?

Does this rule apply for UAE cars as well? ]

If not which points to be considered when it comes to GCC cars.

• Like 3

Meh , watched a little bit, seems like its for penny pinchers. Calculating cents and dimes over 5 yrs

Edited by desertdude
  • Like 1

This holds true anywhere in the world. Thus a more reliable ride will cost you more compared to a less reliable one. Example a Toyota Prado 2004 model might be selling between 30k - 40k where as a Ford Explorer of the dame model will sell below 10k. This is because the Toyota is more reliable and generally needs only periodic services, whereas an Explorer needs more repairs thus increasing the cost of ownership. Buying secondhand also means taking on somebody else's problems and you can never be sure, although a proper inspection might help your cause.

• Totally Agree 3

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

This holds true anywhere in the world. Thus a more reliable ride will cost you more compared to a less reliable one. Example a Toyota Prado 2004 model might be selling between 30k - 40k where as a Ford Explorer of the dame model will sell below 10k. This is because the Toyota is more reliable and generally needs only periodic services, whereas an Explorer needs more repairs thus increasing the cost of ownership. Buying secondhand also means taking on somebody else's problems and you can never be sure, although a proper inspection might help your cause.

@Rahimdad rightly said. While trade in my previous car purchased from famous used car dealer in Dubai, dealers reduced 10K straight away than market price on hearing used car dealer name. When I tried to re-sell the same car to the same dealer within purchasing of 5 months, was offering 63% less than price of sold. This mathematics are beyond my imagination.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chirag S. said:

@Rahimdad rightly said. While trade in my previous car purchased from famous used car dealer in Dubai, dealers reduced 10K straight away than market price on hearing used car dealer name. When I tried to re-sell the same car to the same dealer within purchasing of 5 months, was offering 63% less than price of sold. This mathematics are beyond my imagination.  

Which car and dealer name please!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Which car and dealer name please!!!

KIA MOHAVE TOP END and dealer is well known in used car nearby Dubai Festival City (I don't know implication of quoting name in this country but name is famous).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Chirag S. said:

KIA MOHAVE TOP END and dealer is well known in used car nearby Dubai Festival City (I don't know implication of quoting name in this country but name is famous).

Oops. Ok. Car was under warranty or not? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Oops. Ok. Car was under warranty or not? 

Yes, it was last year of warranty!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chirag S. said:

Yes, it was last year of warranty!

Strange! usually under warranty car would give your decent resale.

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 1

13 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Strange! usually under warranty car would give your decent resale.

That is what I thought too. After purchasing that used car under warranty, while trade in with other agency, valuation guy personally informed that car seems accident history. I think, this fact was intentionally hide by used car dealer executive.

Also, the same car was under scheme of free insurance and benefit was not passed to me as well. This fact was conveyed by their teammate during trying to resale the same car to them. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Michael sammy
      Please advise i have a pajero 3.8 LWB 2010 but its maintained and it is in a very good condition as i bought it brand new back in 2010.

I'm thinking of buying a second hand car only for offroading and activities Hence i thought of buying a low budget car and customize it. 

I believe that Nissan patrol safari is one of most powerful cars when it comes to offroading.

Do you recommend Nissan patrol safari?

If yes which models i should look for and which models i should stay away?

I saw couple of cars but at least they have 250k in mileage if not more is that okay ?

Is it necessary to get car with diff lock ?
      Is it necessary the car has manual shift mood as in the gear of pajero?

PS: I am looking for maximum of 20k aed 
    • By J JOSE
      Thank you, 
      great to be here!
      i am planning for an upgrade from my current Toyota camry, which i had it for the last 10 years. 
      i have a few options in mind,  but difficult to choose from, look forward for your advice. 
      Lexus GX460 2014 
      Prado V6 limited 2018, 
      and 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 
      the Vehicle will be used for normal office drive, no plans for desert, my first preference would be reliability and fuel economy of vehicles. i look forward for your replies. i will be test driving GX460 2017 model today, because i really got blow away by the features of this car. 

• By treks
      I never mentioned sedans- I said "rent a suitable vehicle", which is invariably a diesel truck. 
      Sure, you can do a road trip in Africa with an SUV- provided you don't venture too far (50 -100 km) from major centres. The roads around most major cities are generally in reasonable condition, but  anything beyond about 100 km or so from a major city (and considerably less in some cases) becomes an overland expedition to the next major city. 
      If you don't want to do cities, any distance between two points in Africa is an overland expedition, and especially so in central Africa, where nobody has been able to build permanent roads- or railways for that matter. However, large sections of the Trans-African Highway system (the parts of it that run around the edges of the continent, at least) have been paved and/or upgraded during the past ten years or so, but there are no guarantees that any part of the Trans-African Highway system will remain paved from one year to the next. 
      If you ever end up in washed out section of the road system in the dry season, when big trucks have reduced it to series of deep trenches that can be deeper than a meter, and run for tens of kilometers, you will find that the limited suspension articulation of an SUV- any SUV- will leave you crested on these trench tops every few meters. Then again,if you ever end up in a washed out section of the road system in the wet season, you need to be in a group of at least four trucks to get through meter-deep mud traps that can run for tens of kilometers. If you can get past the dozens of big trucks that have been bogged down for months in a track that is barely wide enough to allow two ox-carts to pass each other, that is. 
      In fact, a few years ago I had to abandon one of my expedition grade vehicles in such a mud trap because there was no way to get it out of the mud from behind an 18- wheeler that had sunk into the mud up to the top of it's wheels, and from in front of another 18-wheeler that had followed me into the mud trap before the other vehicles in my expedition could follow me in. For all I know, both trucks and my vehicle are still stuck there. 
      So, no, SUV's without proper 4-wheel drive, low range, winches, lockable diffs, rated recovery points, and at least 28 inches of suspension articulation in Africa are not  good idea if you venture away from the big centers.
    • By Jamy B.
      Hi everyone,
      I'm looking for a second hand car but I'm kinda lost when it comes to which one to go for. I've been considering Wrangler, Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser, Montero Sport... Definitely a 4x4 or SUV as I camp a lot, sleeping in the car (for now I use my friend's Montero Sport). The dilemma is that I have been reading a lot about the best car or 2nd or 3rd best for off-roads, but I'd also need it to go to work (I live in Dubai but work in Ajman...). So... here goes my requirements:
      - A 7 seater preferably. Or at least a big car that I can manage to put the back seats down and use it to sleep, as I don't always feel safe while camping on my own.
      - I would need it for off-road driving. I always end up driving in wadis, over big rocks, mountains, gravel, in the desert, etc. I'm also planning a road trip driving around Africa this summer...
      - As I mentioned above, I'd need to use it to go to work. I can't afford having 2 cars...
      - Budget is around 40K. Can push it to 50K for the right car.
      - GCC specs, not too many km...
      Please, I can change tyres and have basic knowledge of mechanics, and I'm also willing to take more advanced mechanic courses or whatever if needed. So no 'this is not an option for a woman' BS.
      Thank you in advance
      Jamy
    • By umarcrespo333
      @desertdude @Rahimdad @Gaurav
      Hello again,
      I browsed around google with no success. The question! what happens on switching to off road gear on road?
      Let's take the lc100 series as an example, there are 3 off road gears, one for standard road driving, one low and one high. I know the low one shouldn't be used on road because it provides low gear ratio and excessive fuel consumption. What happens on high compared to standard road driving. What if someone started using the high gear for everyday road driving?
      If you want me to be more specific let me know!
      Thanks!!

Important Information

Terms of use