•  

Newbie & Fewbie Drive - Mahafiz - 27 Jun 2019

Gaurav

Apologies for delay and posting drive on short notice. After last intermediate drive limited interest, I think we should continue newbie/fewbie drives until the intermediate drivers are back in their form.

This week we plan to explore our lovely Mahafiz dunes, that offers great mix of newbies and fewbie level on continuous rolling medium sized dunes. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might go on top of fossil rock and lay our spread.

This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste.

Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still drive safely with your HIGH BEAM.

When: 27 June 2019, Thursday

Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM

Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7

Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE.)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’m flying back to the sandpit tonight after a week in Barcelona. God I will miss the food, weather, and the people.. 

see you guys next week if there’s a drive ! Take care !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

What a lovely drive we had, first in Carnity offroad club history to drive with 2 cars. I know it's not good and not advisable, but it was all situational.

It all started with confusion of newbie vs intermediate drive pattern change, then followed by late posting resulting in 4 signup. Last minute Sri car had some issues so he couldn't joined.

I, Shamil and luwain met at meeting point and started the drive as usual with all the good intentions to play and reach to the fossil rock within 2-3 hours. On second dune, Luwain had a hard landing and bumped his Prado nose and moved the bumper and front grill slightly up. He exited and now Shamil had no hope that I will continue and we will exit too. So we decided to play around little bit and see how it goes and we will definitely won't be adventurous, but continue driving if nothing further goes wrong.

As we were just two cars and driving with utmost caution and playing safe in a straight line but side sloping in the rolling dunes, we reached the pylon track in less than 45 minutes and on top of fossil rock in an hour time with barely 1 stuck. Lovely pace and Shamil kept the sensibility promise very well.

After reaching on top of fossil rock at 1:00 AM instead of 3 AM we had nice breeze and 5 people food and drinks to talk over million conversation. I'm sure Shamil must have been graduated after listening to my offroad horror and 4x4 disappointment stories in one night. He too had some lovely stories from his previous offroad club that was very interesting to hear that people are still behave the same way as they use to back in 2006 when I first started offroading in UAE. 

At 4 AM we thought of packing it up and come down and exit. By the time we reach the road it was 4:30 and we both head our ways with an unusual and unexpected drive after many odds.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Haha!! even I might have graduated that night by listening to your stories. but unfortunately the hard landing sort of freaked me out, but anyways all well now and the bumper was fixed in less than 10 minutes so I'm all ready for the next drives.

• Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use