•  
Advertise here

Jaguar XF Buying Guide

Need help buying a Jaguar XF.

Anyone here has any experience buying a used jaguar. Need some tips regarding the foll:

• Which year model is preferable (Price range 30 to 40k)
  • How many kms are ok to consider whilst buying a used jaguar xf
  • Any experience on the maintenance and spare parts costs? 

Any tips would be helpful. 

• Like (+1) 1

With a title like buying guide, I thought you already figured out on how to buy Jag XF and listing your inputs.

Anyways which year and which engine size are you looking for?

• Which year model is preferable (Price range 30 to 40k)
    • Check classifieds
  • How many kms are ok to consider whilst buying a used jaguar xf
    • Under 100K will be safe bet
  • Any experience on the maintenance and spare parts costs? 
    • Very very very pricey to maintain in UAE being a British brand, and anyone touching will know that you have deep pockets :-)

Anyways Jaguar makes awesome looking cars and they have a class of its own. So if you are buying for a short time 2-3 years in that 30-40K bracket, then worth a shot. Don't plan to hold her for 10 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The AJV8 is a super reliable engine supercharged or NA also being used in the 2006 and above range rovers and also easier to work on than the 6 cyl

Bits as usual are slightly more than your avg econobox bit there are jag scrappies in shj that can help.

Other than that the usual buy the best amd most well maintained you can afford.

Although the XR-F is the sporty version and real sweet! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Which year model is preferable (Price range 30 to 40k)

• Check classifieds

I was asking which year models are preferred, for eg 2006 onward or between 2007 to 210 etc.. Just to understand which year model had many issues or not.

Thanks anyway for the input. 

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

With a title like buying guide, I thought you already figured out on how to buy Jag XF and listing your inputs.

Well that my friend is called getting attention. Otherwise there are hardly people over here who talk about sedans. Its all 4x4 talk only.. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Used parts wise it only has 2 full jaguar shop in Sharjah apart from sporadic one two cars here or there 

Just remember one thing when it's less on road the probability to find good used parts go more lower

And also new parts will always be on order and sometimes even after ordering you won't get them

I really appreciate those old jags but owning one is not going to happen

So in short I am going to say unless you buying it new with warranty or else leave it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

All you need is one or two Good parts shop and a scrappy to make your life easy. That's all I've needed to make my 15 plus year Land Rover ownership a breeze. Since you own or owned a P38 you should also know Gulfstar and National Auto also have good quality and very reasonably priced Jaguar aftermarket parts. 

Just need sensible ownership and stay on top of things. Invest in a little time and learn about the car. Join some popular jag forums and learn the in and outs of the car. Can't recall the amount of headache and money saved because of a good active forum.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

17 hours ago, desertdude said:

All you need is one or two Good parts shop and a scrappy to make your life easy. That's all I've needed to make my 15 plus year Land Rover ownership a breeze. Since you own or owned a P38 you should also know Gulfstar and National Auto also have good quality and very reasonably priced Jaguar aftermarket parts. 

Just need sensible ownership and stay on top of things. Invest in a little time and learn about the car. Join some popular jag forums and learn the in and outs of the car. Can't recall the amount of headache and money saved because of a good active forum.

Gulf star Sharjah. Thank you. I have been trying to remember the name of that company for a long time. Used them in the past and I found them to be the best priced LR parts in uae. Plus they deliver to Dubai for free. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

46 minutes ago, Barry said:

Gulf star Sharjah. Thank you. I have been trying to remember the name of that company for a long time. Used them in the past and I found them to be the best priced LR parts in uae. Plus they deliver to Dubai for free. 

Try National Auto Parts two or three shops down. Even better prices and think they also started delivering to Dubai.

Guys are really good and if you build a repo with them they will really go out of the way to help you. I've had then buy mods for my disco from UK and have them shipped here for free along their own shipments for 10-20dhs profit 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Try National Auto Parts two or three shops down. Even better prices and think they also started delivering to Dubai.

Guys are really good and if you build a repo with them they will really go out of the way to help you. I've had then buy mods for my disco from UK and have them shipped here for free along their own shipments for 10-20dhs profit 

It’s sad when you have to do things like this to save a few dirhams. I spent all morning driving around Sharjah because a customer didn’t like my parts prices. I saved him 40 dhs on parts but it cost me 80 dhs in petrol to get a 40 dhs saving. So the parts are actually going to cost him the same. But he’s happy because they’re from Sharjah. I didn’t even add my time into it or he would be bankrupt. I don’t understand some people’s mentality. 

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1