•  
Advertise here

Jaguar XF Buying Guide

43 minutes ago, Barry said:

It’s sad when you have to do things like this to save a few dirhams. I spent all morning driving around Sharjah because a customer didn’t like my parts prices. I saved him 40 dhs on parts but it cost me 80 dhs in petrol to get a 40 dhs saving. So the parts are actually going to cost him the same. But he’s happy because they’re from Sharjah. I didn’t even add my time into it or he would be bankrupt. I don’t understand some people’s mentality. 

Hey I'm just saying I saved big $$$$ on shipping heavy parts like coil springs ans shocks from the UK because of those guys are nice to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Barry said:

I don’t understand some people’s mentality. 

BECAUSE

56 minutes ago, Barry said:

I didn’t even add my time into it or he would be bankrupt.

Next time quote them your fuel cost, car cost, time cost + part = They will understand

Some people have a sad mentality and ZERO consideration for others time, money, talent & knowledge.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 hours ago, desertdude said:

All you need is one or two Good parts shop and a scrappy to make your life easy. That's all I've needed to make my 15 plus year Land Rover ownership a breeze

When there is only 1 or 2 parts shop of certain brands then they talk as if they own your ass and also is alot of hassle when some part is bad and they still argue that it was from a running car and you should see your problem somewhere else instead of changing the same part for the gazillionth time as whatever they have is crap...

I had the pleasure of fixing a euro Ford after much back and forth then towing the car itself there (as it had no plates) and spend the whole day till closing time only changing 2 sensors and taking a small round while reading live data

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

When there is only 1 or 2 parts shop of certain brands then they talk as if they own your ass and also is alot of hassle when some part is bad and they still argue that it was from a running car and you should see your problem somewhere else instead of changing the same part for the gazillionth time as whatever they have is crap...

I had the pleasure of fixing a euro Ford after much back and forth then towing the car itself there (as it had no plates) and spend the whole day till closing time only changing 2 sensors and taking a small round while reading live data

Well to be honest I've had the total different experience. They have always been very nice and courteous and always get a super discount.

Once my alternator failed on a Friday evening. And the poor chap went to his shop picked out a nice one for me and brought it back to his place which was closer to me and I went and picked it up from him at his place and it worked absolutely brilliant till the day I sold my car .

Maybe I'm just a nice decent chap :D

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1