•  
Advertise here

Santa Fe thoughts?

i have just joined the forum ;) Just sold my Altima and thinking of a cross over, my first option is a Kia Sorento and the second is Santa Fe.

i like some help from the Hyundai guys as i have been looking for a few days to find information about Santa Fe. The basic question that i don't get a clear information is what is the difference between a Grand Santa Fe and the regular Santa Fe? Would i be right to say that the Grand is like the premium version with all the bells and whistles while the regular is the basic car?

Looking to buy a 2016/2017 Car, any suggestions on where to buy? i am basically looking at private owners from classifieds like dubizzle. it will be very helpful anyone point me towards finding the details of different trims of this car in 2017?

side note: i checked the Kia UAE website for the latest car and the brochure says there is a diesel variant - i don't think UAE allows a diesel commuter vehicle ... :( 

Edited by Pradeep Rajasekaran

Any specific reason for shortlisting Santa Fe...?

My Colleague wife has one since 3-4 year, bought new so I assume it must be 16/17 as you are looking, listening from my friend experience warranty was a blessing as lot has been done in last 3-4 years under warranty.

So if you are head over heels for Santa Fe, buy the one that has remaining couple of years of warranty.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Had a friend with a Hyundai Vera Cruz 3.6. Has put 400,000km plus on it and hardly had any issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

7 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Had a friend with a Hyundai Vera Cruz 3.6. Has put 400,000km plus on it and hardly had any issues. 

Which year model....?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Any specific reason for shortlisting Santa Fe...?

My Colleague wife has one since 3-4 year, bought new so I assume it must be 16/17 as you are looking, listening from my friend experience warranty was a blessing as lot has been done in last 3-4 years under warranty.

So if you are head over heels for Santa Fe, buy the one that has remaining couple of years of warranty.

Thanks for the fast response, Gaurav. As i had Altima 2011(full), i just want to take a little step up so a crossover kind with slightly above 2.5 and a something that can accommodate 7 (including kids). prefer to not overshoot my budget 60 - 70K. I like a good sound system, wife wants a big roof even though if it's not very useful... The sorento and Grand Santa Fe seem to meet these requirements. after reading f from the forums, korean car aren't best nor they are bad in resale... 

would like to hear more on your friends problems.. would be useful to check when buying one. 

14 minutes ago, Frederic said:

OMG, that km's are amazing.. just read Wiki and understand that VeraCruz is like the predecessor of 7 Seater Santa Fe

I'm biased so get yourself a LR3 or 4. One guy I know has 400,000 miles on it yes miles not kms. And the other with a V6 300k kms and still in perfect nick.

• Well Done (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Pradeep Rajasekaran said:

- i don't think UAE allows a diesel commuter vehicle ... :( 

They will inspect it even if it runs on water just no modifications on chassis

• Confused (0) 1

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Which year model....?

That was a 2010 model if i remember correctly. He bought it in Dubai and took it with him when he had to move to Saudi. Wonderful car, but you don’t see them often on the roads. 

259EC819-169C-4B8C-A450-A1F99F438E83.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

14 hours ago, Pradeep Rajasekaran said:

The basic question that i don't get a clear information is what is the difference between a Grand Santa Fe and the regular Santa Fe?

I believe engine capacity is different. Santafe has 2.4 Lt engine and Grand has 3.3 Lt engine. Apart from that grand Santa Fe will be loaded with features compared to regular ones. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

I believe engine capacity is different. Santafe has 2.4 Lt engine and Grand has 3.3 Lt engine. Apart from that grand Santa Fe will be loaded with features compared to regular ones. 

I found this video in arabic - it was visually useful for me 😛