•  
Advertise here

Google maps showing speed in real time now

Gaurav

After long wait seeing this feature in waze and sygic, finally google maps decided to show small real time speed icon on down left of screen today morning when I used after some time. Not sure since how long this has been added, but its pretty recent.

Dr. Google, please add the road limit icon too on the right side like sygic did it very nicely, many years back. As many time we run out of options to guess from 80-100-120 and then fall on 60 road with photo clicked at price of 600 dhs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

In my case it was 2-3 km lesser at 100 km cruise. Earlier it was 5 km less w/o cruise. So check with steady cruise on empty road as with satellite you will always have few seconds lag like 2-3  secs (I guess), as that's what I was playing today morning

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well my point is that the accuracy of this this thing is something that needs to be corrected for this to be a usable feature.. as Google can easily show alerts for overspeeding , but without a accurate measure of the speed this will only be a draining the battery 😡

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

21 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Am I the only one who does not use GPS while driving. My GPS usage was limited to off road use or if I need to go to a new unfamiliar destination.

Google maps is so integrated with my driving, that I prefer to keep it on even if I don't use it. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Pradeep Rajasekaran said:

Google maps is so integrated with my driving, that I prefer to keep it on even if I don't use it. 

Same here, Just to make sure your on the right track and more than that it shows the ETA which is very useful for me !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

51 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

Same here, Just to make sure your on the right track and more than that it shows the ETA which is very useful for me !!

22 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

For me, more than the route and ETA it's about knowing if there is any incident or accident on the road. The updates on Google maps are reasonably quick following a traffic incident.

Precisely these... Once I escaped an one hour traffic between Dubai abudhabhi due to an accident and maps alerted me of an alternate to take the service lane.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1