•  
Advertise here

Google maps showing speed in real time now

Gaurav

I’ve been here for a while now so I kind of know my way around but I’m no expert. I can get myself to a general area but I use google maps to take me to the exact destination. Once I’ve been there, I can always go back without a map and find my way home again. Google maps are good as long as you stay aware of your surroundings and know where you are instead of following it blindly where it tells you to go. 

Mine still isn’t showing speed. Maybe I need to update it. Totally agree with @Gaurav if it showed the speed limit it would be totes amazeballs. Sometimes you go into a new road and you think the speed limit is something but it is something else. And the first time you find out is when the fine comes through. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 minutes ago, Barry said:

I’ve been here for a while now so I kind of know my way around but I’m no expert. I can get myself to a general area but I use google maps to take me to the exact destination. Once I’ve been there, I can always go back without a map and find my way home again. Google maps are good as long as you stay aware of your surroundings and know where you are instead of following it blindly where it tells you to go. 

Mine still isn’t showing speed. Maybe I need to update it. Totally agree with @Gaurav if it showed the speed limit it would be totes amazeballs. Sometimes you go into a new road and you think the speed limit is something but it is something else. And the first time you find out is when the fine comes through. 

My ancient khatara Garmin gave speed limits. So does default map app in my slightly less ancient windows 10 phone. 

• Like (+1) 2

THANK GOD FOR GPS! i could get lost in my own pocket so for me its on always but i switch between google maps and Waze as Waze has the road speed and all cameras and will scream at me if im going to fast. :D But google maps has better navigation or maybe im just used to it....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

After this little test, I don't think Google map is inaccurate in showing speed its our dear car manufacturers who are showing 2-4 km less than actual speed for some reason.

I have tested with my Range (-4) @ 100 km speed, Trail blazer (-2/3) @ 100 speed, Pajero (accurate) as I run slightly bigger tires and yet driving most of the time close to grace limit allowed and never got any flash.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-08 at 9.10.52 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-08 at 9.10.53 AM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 1 month later...

Google maps is not showing speed on smaller roads. 

Noticed this last week in sweihan and now in qudra.

20190822_230031.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Accuracy has been already discussed above that its more of vehicle issue than the Google maps.

• Like (+1) 1