•  
Advertise here

Thats why I prefer cars over bikes!!

Jeh

Had a relative of mine running away from the tigers in UAE roads (cops) while on the roundabout he slipped ended pretty bad on the day of his marriage till now he limps and needs support to walk....

• Sad (0) 1

39 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I hate bikes with a passion. Have seen many people I know die on them. 

I’ve seen many people die in cars and on bikes. That’s just the danger of the road. I love both, and both have their own advantages and disadvantages but for me, bikes offer that little bit more. There’s a connection with the environment around you that you just don’t get in a car. It feels like freedom, that’s the only way I can describe it. When you open the throttle on a crappy old second hand sports bike and leave some guy in his brand new Porsche at the lights, it gives you a great sense of satisfaction. 

Been chased by dogs before but never had to deal with tigers. That’s a whole new level. Thank god he wasn’t driving a tuk tuk. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I’ve seen many people die in cars and on bikes. That’s just the danger of the road. I love both, and both have their own advantages and disadvantages but for me, bikes offer that little bit more. There’s a connection with the environment around you that you just don’t get in a car. It feels like freedom, that’s the only way I can describe it. When you open the throttle on a crappy old second hand sports bike and leave some guy in his brand new Porsche at the lights, it gives you a great sense of satisfaction. 

Been chased by dogs before but never had to deal with tigers. That’s a whole new level. Thank god he wasn’t driving a tuk tuk. 

Yeah bit you don't have to dress like a power ranger if you want to avoid getting cut up and shredded like cheese even on a gentle fall at 40kph

Sorry hell with all that freedom when it comes to getting killed  Our neighbor father died, an old gentle man here in shj from a slight knock from a cab on a roundabout. Friends have steel implants in all their limbs. Another college mate died when a camry swiped him. And they were the lucky ones who didn't end up paralyzed from the neck down. Another mate lost the use of his arm after a slight bash. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

I’ve had a lot of family and close friends die on bikes. I can say the same for cars. There’s no need to dress like a power ranger these days. A pair of Kevlar jeans and a proper leather jacket that didn’t come from global village will offer you good protection. 

The problem are these people known as “shrimps”. You know the type, hayabusa or gsxr with extended swing arm, riding in shorts, t shirt and flip flops. These people give honest bikers a bad name. I will bless them though because they are a source of organs for sick people

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Meh, nothing in this world will convince me sitting on motor unstrapped to anything,  open to the elements is ever going to be safe.

And that's the thing. I can go anyways in my shorts, t-shirt wearing my flip flops in a car and expect a certain level of safety and comfort. Instead of having to place a metal can over my head, bullet proof pants and jackets.

I'm going out to meet friends not stop a riot! 

• Haha (+1) 3