•  
Advertise here

Luxgen U7 Vibration issue

How many kms car have been driven? Is it regularly maintained or just living on oil change from petrol station?

Explain the type of vibration you are getting as much as you can to pin point in right direction. Example, if its vibrating the steering alone, or vibrating the front end body or rear end body? Is it on just specific speed or through some speed range as you mentioned 40-60 km, after that at 100-140 is it smooth?

Has anyone advised you for mounting change or you just did it by yourself after buying the car?

Vibrations in general is very broad term, some are caused by unbalance tires, steering or track rod balancing issue, wheel bearing issue and few other causes. Engine and gear mounting produces an initial jerk or jerk while braking and not really a vibration tbh.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks Gaurav, I will give you details as per my observations, 

1) At signal when I accelerate it vibrates.
2) Especially from 40-60 km/hr its vibrating more on front side, steering + body, Rear is normal like after affects.
3) After 60 -70 its run smooth, however if further accelerated it vibrates (I will note all your points and post it again here)
4) Total Kms is 108000, next service is due on 1,10,000 Kms.
5) Car was regularly maintained at western auto the authorised dealer.
6) I purchased it at 100000 Kms recently on 23 May 2019
7) Tyres are original and can run another 2 months.
😎 At the time of purchasing the owner a Belgium national advised me to change the mounting when I told him about the vibration issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Gaurav, I will give you details as per my observations, 

One more Point I need to bring in your notice is a light thud noise is coming when the wheel enters in pot holes, I checked with the mechanic and he said the shock absorvers are fine, for both front and rear, Do I need to do any of the following.

1) wheel balancing

2) wheel Alignment.

First time I took it to western Auto DIP they said Front Axle is broken, I called the Seller he, told me they are playing with me and just need to replace Lower Mounting and he suggested me to visit Cars & Bikes in Al Quoz where the owner advised me to change both gear mounting and engine mounting and also he put the missing rubber cap of front axle which I did. for few days it was running good, after a week I traveled to Oman and drive almost 1000 Kms with a average speed of 130/135 kms/per hour, after that this problem arise, However during the 5 hours journey I had taken a 30 minutes break after every 90 minutes of continuous travel. 

Luxgen Part 2.jpeg

Luxgen Part 3.jpeg

Luxgen Part 1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

At first I'm really doubting on wheel balancing and not alignment.

Get the wheel balancing done from a "GOOD WORKSHOP" and stand on there head to see 0 and 0 on both sides of each wheel, as many times if you are standing outside or on phone, the low paid worker leave the balancing at 15 and 0 or vice versa that cause such strange vibrations at different speeds.

Second while getting the balancing, ask them to open the tire and clean from inside if there is any sand or rubber dust has formed. This usually appear in offroad cars after the pop out, but getting this checked while at it can save tons on blind shooting the parts.

I still didn't get when you said tires are new and can last another two months.....! What's the date of manufacturing on tires, and share the close up picture of front tires showing the shoulder and main tread left. If tires are old and worn out with uneven wearing can cause this issue too, occasionally.

After getting the tire balance, go and inflate all 4 tires at same PSI as per OEM advise, maybe 30-35 PSI and then check on highway if you still have the same vibration. As many times tire guys inflate tires at 45+ psi making all situations even worst to debug.

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you very much for your time and attention,

Yes it vibrates even when I accelerate after signal is green.
And especially I have noticed between 40-60 its vibrates more and then recedes after 60 and gets normal.
If I put force gradually on accelerator the vibration is not much but still between 40-60 vibration is clearly visible.

Regards,

• Like (+1) 1

Wheel balancing still my first doubt as its the cheapest and most basic thing to eliminate before doubting expensive causes.

Secondly wheel balancing issue mostly arise in set speed range like 40-60 and 100-120 favorite range.

Another thing I doubt could be the wheel bearing. You can check that too while the wheel alignment guy is done and car still on the lift/jack, hold the front tires and shake them side-by-side and up-and-down by hand, if you feel any play it must be wheel bearing causing this vibration.

• Like (+1) 2

Check the track bar. My cherokee was doing that and i was joking that my car has massage option. It was doing it only between 70-80 below and above was fully ok. 

I dont know if your car has track bar but it could be bushning. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

At first I'm really doubting on wheel balancing and not alignment.

Get the wheel balancing done from a "GOOD WORKSHOP" and stand on there head to see 0 and 0 on both sides of each wheel, as many times if you are standing outside or on phone, the low paid worker leave the balancing at 15 and 0 or vice versa that cause such strange vibrations at different speeds.

Second while getting the balancing, ask them to open the tire and clean from inside if there is any sand or rubber dust has formed. This usually appear in offroad cars after the pop out, but getting this checked while at it can save tons on blind shooting the parts.

I still didn't get when you said tires are new and can last another two months.....! What's the date of manufacturing on tires, and share the close up picture of front tires showing the shoulder and main tread left. If tires are old and worn out with uneven wearing can cause this issue too, occasionally.

After getting the tire balance, go and inflate all 4 tires at same PSI as per OEM advise, maybe 30-35 PSI and then check on highway if you still have the same vibration. As many times tire guys inflate tires at 45+ psi making all situations even worst to debug.

Thanks Gaurav,

I have noted all the suggestions and will go for it one by one, Thank you very much for your time and attention, indeed.

Regards,

35 minutes ago, Barry said:

It only happens when you’re accelerating between 40-60?

What happens when you’re cruising at a speed between 40-60? Does it still vibrate?

It happens even when you start from 0, more it is felt between 40-60, today I will again monitor and update you here.

Regards,

• Like (+1) 1