Jump to content
SIDDIQUI AHMED

Luxgen U7 Vibration issue

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, sertac said:

Check the track bar. My cherokee was doing that and i was joking that my car has massage option. It was doing it only between 70-80 below and above was fully ok. 

I dont know if your car has track bar but it could be bushning. 

I believe LUXGEN u&-22 don't have track bar

Axle 1.jpeg

Axle.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the rest of you guys that wheel balancing could cause a vibration but the vibration would be constant, not just on acceleration.

The fact that the car only does it when accelerating tells me that the engine is hesitating under load, probably due to bad spark plugs or weak coils. 

This is just my opinion though, judging from what I’ve read. I may or may not be wrong. I can’t properly diagnose a car that isn’t with me, I can just make educated guesses on the information supplied.

You have already replace the engine and transmission mounts so that’s ruled out. The person that told you to do that isn’t a professional mechanic. Professionals fix the problem first time, not guess and swap parts at the customers expense and hope the problem goes away. 

You need to find a proper technician in a proper garage. All any of us can do here is offer educated guesses. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barry said:

I agree with the rest of you guys that wheel balancing could cause a vibration but the vibration would be constant, not just on acceleration.

The fact that the car only does it when accelerating tells me that the engine is hesitating under load, probably due to bad spark plugs or weak coils. 

This is just my opinion though, judging from what I’ve read. I may or may not be wrong. I can’t properly diagnose a car that isn’t with me, I can just make educated guesses on the information supplied.

You have already replace the engine and transmission mounts so that’s ruled out. The person that told you to do that isn’t a professional mechanic. Professionals fix the problem first time, not guess and swap parts at the customers expense and hope the problem goes away. 

You need to find a proper technician in a proper garage. All any of us can do here is offer educated guesses. 

Thanks Barry,

If you can suggest any good mechanic or garage it will be a great assistance.

Regards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t recommend my garage because it’s illegal and Carnity will hunt me down and kill me but check out the garages section on here

https://carnity.com/business_listing/car-services/general-service-workshop

Check the garages ratings. It’s more reliable than google where people only tend to post bad reviews when they’re in a bad mood

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barry said:

I agree with the rest of you guys that wheel balancing could cause a vibration but the vibration would be constant, not just on acceleration.

Yes, that's what he mentioned vibration is there constantly at 40-60 and increases if he accelerate. After 60 it goes away.

Please confirm if you at 60 and leave the gas pedal to drop till 40, is it vibrating in that 60-40 band? 

If yes, wheel balancing could be the main culprit. If not, Barry is right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A badly balanced wheel willl always vibrate at speed. If it’s only under acceleration it might be an engine problem. That’s why I’m asking these questions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Barry said:

I won’t recommend my garage because it’s illegal and Carnity will hunt me down and kill me but check out the garages section on here

https://carnity.com/business_listing/car-services/general-service-workshop

Check the garages ratings. It’s more reliable than google where people only tend to post bad reviews when they’re in a bad mood

It's 152 Auto Garages Recommended, Not possible to pin out the best among them.

Regards,

0569683677

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Barry said:

A badly balanced wheel willl always vibrate at speed. If it’s only under acceleration it might be an engine problem. That’s why I’m asking these questions. 

Yes you are right for badly balanced wheel, but I doubt mildly unbalanced wheel. Due to lazy labour or during his last Oman trip he must have lost some little balancing weight causing all this.

For businesses you can filter as per your Emirates or neighbouring Emirates to narrow down the results.

Also for such small job you can go to any good tire shop near you, just make sure you stand on their head to watch 0 and 0 on both sides. That's it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I noticed in more details,below are observations.
1. Very minor (negligible) vibration on slow acceleration.
2. Hard Press on Gas Paddle vibration starts from 40 and gets severe between 50-60 km/hr speed.
3. No or negligible Vibration between 100-120 km/hr speed.
4. No vibration when pressure is constant on gas pedal.
5. When pressure dropped on gas pedal from 60-40 km/hr no vibration noticed.
6. Vibration Starts between 40-60-80 Km/hr speed.
7. At 80 km/hrs vibration is still there but minor or negligible.
8. Steering no specific vibration but windows make minor vibration especially on right side.
9. Attached Picture of Front Tyre. The Tyre is OEM and since April 2014.

Front Left Tyre Main.jpeg

Front Left Tyre Shoulder.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Main.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Shoulder.jpeg

Front Left Tyre Inner.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Inner.jpeg

15 hours ago, Barry said:

A badly balanced wheel willl always vibrate at speed. If it’s only under acceleration it might be an engine problem. That’s why I’m asking these questions. 

Yes it is only during acceleration that too on sudden or hard acceleration which is needed at signal or round about. The vibration starts between 40-60-80 i.e. Mild-Severe-Mild

16 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Yes, that's what he mentioned vibration is there constantly at 40-60 and increases if he accelerate. After 60 it goes away.

Please confirm if you at 60 and leave the gas pedal to drop till 40, is it vibrating in that 60-40 band? 

If yes, wheel balancing could be the main culprit. If not, Barry is right?

If I drop the gasoline pedal at 60, absolutely no vibration is felt in 60-40 band.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gaurav said:

At first I'm really doubting on wheel balancing and not alignment.

Get the wheel balancing done from a "GOOD WORKSHOP" and stand on there head to see 0 and 0 on both sides of each wheel, as many times if you are standing outside or on phone, the low paid worker leave the balancing at 15 and 0 or vice versa that cause such strange vibrations at different speeds.

Second while getting the balancing, ask them to open the tire and clean from inside if there is any sand or rubber dust has formed. This usually appear in offroad cars after the pop out, but getting this checked while at it can save tons on blind shooting the parts.

I still didn't get when you said tires are new and can last another two months.....! What's the date of manufacturing on tires, and share the close up picture of front tires showing the shoulder and main tread left. If tires are old and worn out with uneven wearing can cause this issue too, occasionally.

After getting the tire balance, go and inflate all 4 tires at same PSI as per OEM advise, maybe 30-35 PSI and then check on highway if you still have the same vibration. As many times tire guys inflate tires at 45+ psi making all situations even worst to debug.

 

Front Left Tyre Inner.jpeg

Front Left Tyre Main.jpeg

Front Left Tyre Shoulder.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Inner.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Main.jpeg

Front Right Tyre Shoulder.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use