•  
Advertise here

2017 JGC Transmission oil cooler and return hose

Hi Guys, recently noticed my 2017 JGC jerking at low speeds but thought may be just a plug issue or a single cylinder misfiring. A few days ago it started suddenly losing power and then picking up again but would not go past 3000 rpm. 

Yesterday was driving down Sheikh Zayed road and all was fine till I touched my brakes. As soon as I slowed down, lost power completely and saw a lot of oil on the ground. Got the jeep moved to a service centre and when lifted up saw that the transmission oil aluminium pipe to the cooler had broken. Been trying to get this part to replace it but no one, not even trading enterprises has it in stock and say it would take a month to source. 

Does anyone know of any place where I may be able to get a second hand replacement that I can use at least till the new one comes in as cant afford to be without the car for a month. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. 

Image below of the pipe required. 

IMG-20190703-WA0029.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Your best bet would be to have a drive around Saja’a Scrap area

Al Saja'a Industrial Suburb
Sharjah
https://goo.gl/maps/qWo35EYbcYJkuvHo9

All the shops are nicely laid out and they all have signs outside and you can probably check the whole area out in an hour. 

Im going there next week but it will probably be Monday/Tuesday. If you don’t get sorted in the meantime let me know and I’ll check when I’m there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Call these 5 Jeep scrap yard in sharjah and check first, if it fails walking around Sajja in this heat or trading barry with red horse is your best bet :-)

https://carnity.com/search?&q=jeep&type=cms_records5&nodes=86&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Sharjah BMW road, where else.

I hope he must have tried this already and if not HELL YES, best place to get new parts, real quick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Did somebody say red horse? I’m in!

BMW road is ok to find stuff but it’s a mess. The road sucks, potholes will ruin your car, and there’s no traffic discipline. You spend most of your time watching out for people scooting about randomly on mopeds. You have to deal with beggars and people trying to sell you peanuts at every junction. Saja’a Is a much nicer experience.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Barry said:

Did somebody say red horse? I’m in!

BMW road is ok to find stuff but it’s a mess. The road sucks, potholes will ruin your car, and there’s no traffic discipline. You spend most of your time watching out for people scooting about randomly on mopeds. You have to deal with beggars and people trying to sell you peanuts at every junction. Saja’a Is a much nicer experience.

No one ever said its for the weak hearted 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shadow79 said:

It's just a aluminum pipe guess you could get it welded and be back on your way If the cooler is leaking then you need sample so you can match and get it...

Did look into the welding option but it broke at the point where it locks into the cooler and it's to small to weld there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Brette said:

Did look into the welding option but it broke at the point where it locks into the cooler and it's to small to weld there. 

Go to royal pipes in sharjah with a sample and they will make a new one right there in 10 mins with the correct fitting. Jusr tell them what is for so they use the right kind of material.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1