•  
Advertise here

Do you drive with your left or right hand more?

Gaurav

Which hand you use more often driving in the UAE?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which hand you use more often driving in the UAE?

Whether you are originally from right or left hand drive country, which hand you use more often driving in the UAE?

Don't tell me both the hands - as that was only for driving test. After that we all use one hand more than the other.

If you don't rem, then pay attention next time you drive and you will find out very quick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Sorry, but both hands 😂

I was actually thinking about this when I was driving to work this morning and noticed I had started using both hands on the wheel. 

I used to drive right hand on the wheel, left hand on the gears when I was in my RHD home country where most cars are manual. Now 99% of stuff I drive is automatic so I guess my spare hand found it’s way back onto the wheel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

I was actually thinking about this when I was driving to work this morning and noticed I had started using both hands on the wheel. 

Yes, maybe because you are consciously doing it. We all use both hands when we are in high speed or extra caution is required (30%). Im talking about rest of the 70% time when you are driving like an autopilot and something else going on in your mind - salary, wife, beer, movie, credit cards, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Yes, maybe because you are consciously doing it. We all use both hands when we are in high speed or extra caution is required (30%). Im talking about rest of the 70% time when you are driving like an autopilot and something else going on in your mind - salary, wife, beer, movie, credit cards, etc.

I really do use both hands all the time and I’ve noticed that I do it at all speeds. It’s not a conscious thing, it just happens. I think you’re right about the caution part. It’s been so long since I have actually been driving properly and now that I am, my brain is subconsciously telling me to always be careful. Before I don’t care if I’m speeding a bit, I’ll pull the handbrake on roundabouts for fun, driving is fun, now I’m watching everything I do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

We can definitely put that in one sentence: “ i received my salary and went to get some beers and a movie, but I maxxed out my credit cards and got a nasty call from the wife” 😂

Edited by Frederic
  • Haha (+1) 6

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Even when I am driving a auto my right hand rests on the shifter and especially when I recently drive a manual then my left feet also kicks hits the left kick panel in a auto car...

• Haha (+1) 2

Depends on thr car really. The rental sunny I notice myself driving with both hands. Need both to keep it going in a straight line. The range usually with the left. With my left elbow rested on the door sill ( It has thick doors wherr you can easily rest your arm ) 

• Like (+1) 1