•  

Newbie & Fewbie Drive - Awir - Mahafiz - 11 Jul 2019

Gaurav

After the last week Fewbie+ to Intermediate level, it's time to have a chilled out and relaxing desert drive in this hot and humid summer. This time we are changing the area to a different route to start from end of Awir and reach the Mahafiz area through desert. You got it right, that we will start from Dubai and end in Sharjah from a desert route enjoying all the dunes on our way.

This area is filled with very broad dunes that are easy to climb and exit, perfect for any newbie to get the hang of desert driving with a pinch of dune bashing. If the convoy response is good we will play in the nearby area at a fewbie level to push the spirit and fun few notches, nothing extreme.

Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.

When: 11 July 2019, Thursday

Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM - "NO EXCEPTIONS"

Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7

Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks.

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4:00 AM

MUST READ: 

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Nope, it's technically Dubai.

And we will take right from first interchange and then head on our left side, where first few kms will be in Dubai and then we cross the sharjah border as shown in below map with dotted lines.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Trip Report - can't remember much, maybe because I've delayed the trip report due to a busy week. I do remember meeting and moving on time. The excitement of extending our drive area by starting from mini Mahafiz. The drive was relaxingly smooth with the odd refusals and stucks to keep the sweep team on our feet. But @Gaurav bhai did not take the revenge for the previous week where we found more time on refusals and stucks rather than driving.

My favourite area always start from Mahafiz, and after the first 90 minutes entering our Mahafiz area is where I felt at home. Again with a few refusals and even fewer stucks we managed to reach our playground. As usual for safety @Gaurav bhai was the first to test the slopes to make sure route was safe for all. We all had a go and the level of excitement was evident from the fact that everyone had a few tries. We later shifted to the other side and continued with loads of side sloping. Once everybody had their fill we moved on to Fossil Rocks. Once we came around Fossil Rocks some of us decided to leave, while some of us decided to continue to Faya.

Although we headed towards Faya our luck meant we could see it from a distance but never reach it. Couple of small incidents kept us away from Faya. Although the incidents were not so serious, but always better to be safe than sorry. After inflation and hugs we headed home. Until next time I bid you farewell.

• Like (+1) 6

Important Information

Terms of use