•  
Advertise here

Udrive vs Ekar

Anyone tried above services and can compare both ?

I've tried Udrive three times now and although the registration app was a hassle to work in the beginning, now it seems to work fine. I've seen the Google reviews and was shocked to see the many complaints and issues customers have. 

I've yet to give Ekar a try. Their Google reviews look a lot better.

I use these services to have a car to use when my other car is in for service. Its cheaper than taxis and i prefer driving myself anyways. You pay per minute so its quite economical.

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks for this wonderful thread for comparison. I always see ekar and udrive cars around and especially knowing they are cheaper than taxi's make them an instant hit for quick commute or replacement car in your case.

Wondering to know what if you took one car to office and park and during lunch some one else took that away, then how will you come back? Is cars also available on call or request like a taxi service...? 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

10 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks for this wonderful thread for comparison. I always see ekar and udrive cars around and especially knowing they are cheaper than taxi's make them an instant hit for quick commute or replacement car in your case.

Wondering to know what if you took one car to office and park and during lunch some one else took that away, then how will you come back? Is cars also available on call or request like a taxi service...? 

From what I’ve seen from udrive they won’t deliver cars to you, so yes when you park the car nearby the office (has to be public parking space), you have the risk that someone else takes it. You’re not paying for it anymore anyways.

Depending from where your office is you might find other udrive or Ekars in the nearby area, either a walk away, or a colleague can drop you off to the nearest car. 

For me in jebel Ali area, not so many cars are there, and I keep the car in front of the factory building. But chances are low that someone else will grab it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidshk said:

Just out of curiosity, do they allow interstate driving ?

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Great topic. I was convinced that one of these days I would require a U drive and signed up. Entering all documents took a bit of work and about half an hour. Since I've joined did not need to use it. But have first 30 minutes free. Best thing is petrol, Salik and parking paid by them so just rent and drive. They have cars on per minute basis, so in traffic you'll pay more, but you also have option for full day rentals.

Later I heard about Ekar and how it is better than U drive, but did not want to go through the same hassle of signing up.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Barry said:

I’ve seen a udrive 2019 mustang around where I live a lot. Tempted to hire it for a bit of fun. 

Exactly ! My 5year old son is crazy about Mustangs, so my plan is to take one for a drive on a 'boys only' trip :) 

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's a daily hire for around AED 270 which isn't bad at all. But recently used a Peugeot 206 from my office on SZR to home in Sharjah and cost me just under AED 50 for a per minute use. Hated the initial experience as code was not sent on my email and had a real rare rude Filipino telling me no way I did not receive the code. However a helpful agent on my second call send me the code and I was on my way. Cost me less than taxi. Could drive it myself rather than at the mercy of a taxi driver. Free Patrol and free parking just about made up for a bad start.

• Like (+1) 1

Just an update, U-Drive skeewed me for AED 280/-, when I called and checked what the charges were, they informed me that it is a fine for leaving a Dubai car in Sharjah and those are the removal charges. I argued that their website says that the charges for leaving the car in another Emirates in minimal and even Taxi's charges AED 20/- for crossing the Emirates, but they told me that that is a fine and just like a Dubai taxi needs to go back to Dubai, their cars from Dubai should also be left in Dubai. I could have taken a taxi for atleast 3 days at that price. So be careful, not everything that shines is U-Drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1