•  
Advertise here

Udrive vs Ekar

UPDATE on UDRIVE:

I have been using Udrive for the last two weeks, and was fined twice for not leaving the car behind in a proper location. 

* First fine of 125AED was issued because i parked the car outside my community at the visitor parking near the mosque. I live in Mira community and parked it over there specifically because i knew it's not allowed to park it inside a gated community. This visitor parking is freely accessible without having to pass by the gates, still i got a fine for parking inside the gated community.

* As an alternative to above, i decided to park the car a few days later at the Al Qudra roundabout, which is a public parking accessible to anyone. I received a fine of 280AED the next day, claiming the car was outside the "business" zone. Apparently on the app there is a green border line, where the car was parked 20 meters outside the green line (see attachment). 😡

Looking at the Google reviews, Udrive seems to make a habit of handing out fines for vague and unclear issues. With the fine payment which is automatically deducted from your creditcard, i could have rented a car for two weeks.

IMG_1920.jpg

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

That's gross, first Rahimdad and now you seems like a pattern developing to make quick bucks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Frederic, thanks for sharing this. My wife was going to try this for a couple of days and now definitely I would not be recommending this. I would also suggest posting this feedback on Google review. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Frederic, thanks for sharing this. My wife was going to try this for a couple of days and now definitely I would not be recommending this. I would also suggest posting this feedback on Google review. 

Thanks buddy, just filed a review. It’s appealing to see the amount of low scores and number of complaints. 

E229E7AA-D853-49F2-9BF3-AC94994F47AB.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Starting to sound more like BeKar instead of Ekar ! :shock:

I’m not bashing ekar here, which is their competitor and I heard they are lots better. This is Udrive.

• Like (+1) 2