•  
Advertise here

How to Avoid Sleepiness while Driving

Sidshk

Sleeping at the side of the road can be dangerous too. Another sleepy or stupid idiot driver can hit your car. 

Ive read so many stories about people here who stopped to pray on the hard shoulder and got killed by stupid drivers. 

The hard shoulder is a dangerous place to be. If someone hits you it’s not like 10 kph poke in stop start traffic. You’re going to get hit at 120 and get wiped out. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, Srikumar said:

I think I am one of the best qualified to answer this question as I have a big tendency to sleep while driving. This is what I do in the following order of preference: 

• Nothing beats getting a power nap of 20 - 30 mins
  • Talking on the phone is the next best thing
  • Eating sunflower seeds as its an activity in addition to eating something

Eating chips, chocolates, chewing gum have no effect to keep me awake

+1 for me too. 😔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Barry said:

Sleeping at the side of the road can be dangerous too. Another sleepy or stupid idiot driver can hit your car. 

Ive read so many stories about people here who stopped to pray on the hard shoulder and got killed by stupid drivers. 

The hard shoulder is a dangerous place to be. If someone hits you it’s not like 10 kph poke in stop start traffic. You’re going to get hit at 120 and get wiped out. 

i totally agree with @Barry now a days people use mobile while driving and when they steer out of their lane they have no clue  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2