•  
Advertise here

Reliable vehicle check / condition assessment

So, i am going to be looking and then purchasing a car soon. i like to hear if you can provide any suggestions on reliable methods to check the car condition. i remember seeing a post of comprehensive test not worth it; any mechanic references or other places to go? any options in sharjah will be very useful as i seem to find in Sharjah only...

• Like (+1) 2

Basic Pointers from my end

• Ensure to check the exterior of the vehicle in bright sun light. Avoid evening time as you may find it difficult to see the difference in paint else you shall have paint thickness check pen.
  • When you turn on the engine check for any abnormal noises. Better to open bonnet to ensure no oil leaks.
  • When you go for a test drive ensure to keep all window open to check for any noise during drive. 
  • Better to take a test drive on unpaved road to check suspension and jerks if any.
  • Try reverse gear too just to check.
  • Apply brakes and check if the vehicle deviate from its actual path.
  • Inspect tires manually. Follow coin rule or even check with your finger for the tire thread. ensure tires are not very old. 
  • Check all electronics like all windows, lights, wipers, sunroof mechanism, if its open roof, check for roof mechanism. 
  • Ensure that vehicle is GCC specs. 
  • Check for service history and recent repairs.
  • Check for cleanliness of interiors.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Based on my recent purchase which till date I am extremely happy, my experience is as follows:

1. Try to get a low mileage car even if its an older model

2. Check for the complete service history. This is very important. Service done at dealer is preferred and its worth paying the little extra premium.

3. Get a reliable mechanic to do a thorough inspection of the car. Better than the RTA comprehensive test

4. Not meaning to be biased, but some nationalities do tend to keep the car in better conditions than others. Even if there is a small work, they will get it fixed.

5. You can check the accident record on the MOI website (https://portal.moi.gov.ae/eservices/PublicServices/AccidentsInquiry.aspx?Culture=en), just enter the chasis number and you get the entire record for non-Dubai vehicles. For Dubai registered vehicles, the link is as follows: https://www.rta.ae/wps/portal/rta/ae/home/rta-services/service-details/?serviceId=5810003

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank so much @syedyaseer and @Srikumar

@Srikumar

Do you have a example format or something? would it be the same as ones posted in emirates auctions? 

when i checked the RTA link, the FAQ says below, so not sure what this report will contain.

Question 2: Does the certificate provide data about the vehicle accidents?

Answer 2: No, the certificate does not include this data.

Edited by Pradeep Rajasekaran
  • Like (+1) 1

There used to be a link for "Vehicle Condition Certificate" and NOT "Vehicle Status Certificate". The Vehicle Condition Certificate used to provide the accident record. @Pradeep Rajasekaran have you tried the MOI link for Dubai registered vehicles. I tried it for my Abu Dhabi registered vehicle and it showed all the accident records. Not had the chance to try it for a Dubai registered vehicle.

• Like (+1) 1

My previous car was Dubai registered and i had an accident in 2017 in RAK; This showed up in MOI website. however, i had one more in 2018 in Dubai which did not. so i am guessing these services are by location of the accident and not by registration. i Google about the vehicle condition thingy, all link seem to point to vehicle status certificate only.

• Like (+1) 1

ok, so this is what the RTA service provides....

The new service called ‘Vehicle Condition Certificate’ offers the applicants detailed information of the vehicle such as the distance it has clocked, its previous owners, its condition during the last annual test, how many times it was impounded if any etc.

ref : https://gulfnews.com/uae/transport/now-get-used-car-history-from-rta-1.2153102

lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=23

• Like (+1) 1

And please dont buy that car report site .ae for 99 dhs, its hell useless. Bought it for my range and laughed at it, I even requested refund but they never replied.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.