•  
Advertise here

Driving with earphones

Barry

Radio in my car isn’t working so I drive with earphones so I can listen to music and hold karaoke sessions when I’m driving. 

Mrs B is convinced this is bad. What if someone honks at you she said. My argument is how do deaf people drive then? And I don’t care if the guy behind me is honking as soon as the light turns green, that’s his frustration not mine. I’m totally aware of my surroundings, I don’t put myself in situations where normal people need to honk at me. Plus it makes it super easy to just hit the answer button on my phone and talk freely if anyone calls.

What’s everyone else’s opinion of driving with earphones. 

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Barry said:

Radio in my car isn’t working so I drive with earphones so I can listen to music and hold karaoke sessions when I’m driving. 

Mrs B is convinced this is bad. What if someone honks at you she said. My argument is how do deaf people drive then? And I don’t care if the guy behind me is honking as soon as the light turns green, that’s his frustration not mine. I’m totally aware of my surroundings, I don’t put myself in situations where normal people need to honk at me. Plus it makes it super easy to just hit the answer button on my phone and talk freely if anyone calls.

What’s everyone else’s opinion of driving with earphones. 

Don’t see the issue, as I mostly drive with very loud music. But I’m always aware of my surroundings in case an ambulance or something would be coming from behind.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

What about car noises if something breakdown, ting tang ding dom boom clank clink, just spotted one few hours back in desert. Broke my rear spring of my beloved Pajero.

I read this post before that and I was about to reply same, but I rushing out for drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I dunno just doesnt seem right for some reason. Having that extra aura sense to increase situational and spatial awareness cant be a bad thing. 

You can drive but with one less sense.

But then again people can drive at 140 in heavy fog where they can hardly see beyond their hood. :D

Im sure you can manage without ears

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I don't like the idea of stuffing things to the ear but of course increase the sound system of the car...use your eyes wisely you can too gain that superpower... it's called seeing 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

I don't like the idea of stuffing things to the ear but of course increase the sound system of the car...use your eyes wisely you can too gain that superpower... it's called seeing 

Seeing is underrated. If you don’t spot the flashing blue lights 500 metres away in your mirrors then maybe you shouldn’t be driving. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

What about car noises if something breakdown, ting tang ding dom boom clank clink, just spotted one few hours back in desert. Broke my rear spring of my beloved Pajero.

I read this post before that and I was about to reply same, but I rushing out for drive.

Hahaha that’s just the reason I crank up my volume. I always get anxious over every little squeak. I want my commute to be stress free. 

Being a big music fan, my only time and place to listen properly is my car. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 weeks later...

I hate headphones, really loved the Bluetooth headsets and used them for sometime, but eventually quit on those as well. When driving I listen to very light music as I like to talk a lot. No idea if ear phones would compare driving, but no matter how good we think we are at the art of driving, only God Almighty gives us the power to control these machines and I always start with the dua for starting a journey.