•  
Advertise here

Pajero lift kit or heavy duty spring suggestion

Just now, desertdude said:

Thats pretty shitty of mutsubishi then. Then I guess Patrol springs are the best option.

That's also not possible now, as Patrol GQ springs lifting LWB pretty high (3-4 Inch) and SWB will shoot over the sky as per my latest digging.

• WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Here's the latest update. After enough research today was the action day.

Researched options:

• Habtoor = 1400+ and 30 days wait for 2 springs
  • OME (ARB) = Started Pajero from 2000 onward, mine is 1999
  • Dobinson = 3500 for whole suspension +6 weeks wait, as changing 2 springs will kill my stock suspension soon.
  • King Coil = 750 for 2 springs, 7 days wait.
  • Scrap = 200 for OEM springs.
  • Iranian craftsmanship = Not convincing of there cutting and making it fit ideas.

Today morning went first to Iranian shops to see what they have and they can propose, but overall feedback was very shaky, dicey and scary that I left that market in 10 minutes.

Now my concern was If I go with OEM again and continue with rubber spacer, it might relocate the spring and break them again (50% doubt). So went to my favorite Pajero scrapyard Jabal Tokyo, sat and explained my concern to the big boss and he said then go with Diesel Pajero spring that comes in thicker coil and lesser used due to export. Upon checking this diesel spring is an inch shorter in height but thickness must be 24 mm instead of 18 mm (stock). Looks very solid and heavy duty, with Pajero seating shape molded on one side, makes a perfect fit. So I picked both diesel and petrol springs, to experiment and on first attempt diesel ones sat perfectly well without a 2 inch spacer and even gave me little more than 1 inch extra than before. As per mechanic this 1-1.5 inch will settle after a week, as spring must be sitting for a while. I really hope this settle down, as right now rear rides very stiff and body roll is a bit of concern on speed.

Wheel arch spacing:

• Before: 5.5 Inch 
  • Broken side: 5 inch
  • Diesel Pajero Springs: 7 Inch

This is still work in progress, so if after couple of drives ride height reduce little and flex comes back, then i will keep these or else I will order king springs and finish it off. 

• Like (+1) 2

Told you to look for other Pajero variants springs. Not possible to have only one for so many different variants. I can bet you eveb swb and lwb are different

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Here's the latest update. After enough research today was the action day.

Researched options:

• Habtoor = 1400+ and 30 days wait for 2 springs
  • OME (ARB) = Started Pajero from 2000 onward, mine is 1999
  • Dobinson = 3500 for whole suspension, as changing 2 springs will kill my stock suspension soon.
  • King Coil = 750 for 2 springs, 7 days wait.
  • Scrap = 200 for OEM springs.
  • Iranian craftsmanship = Not convincing of there cutting and making it fit ideas.

Today morning went first to Iranian shops to see what they have and they can propose, but overall feedback was very shaky, dicey and scary that I left that market in 10 minutes.

Now my concern was If I go with OEM again and continue with rubber spacer, it might relocate the spring and break them again (50% doubt). So went to my favorite Pajero scrapyard Jabal Tokyo, sat and explained my concern to the big boss and he said then go with Diesel Pajero spring that comes in thicker coil and lesser used due to export. Upon checking this diesel spring is an inch shorter in height but thickness must be 24 mm instead of 18 mm (stock). Looks very solid and heavy duty, with Pajero seating shape molded on one side, makes a perfect fit. So I picked both diesel and petrol springs, to experiment and on first attempt diesel ones sat perfectly well without a 2 inch spacer and even gave me little more than 1 inch extra than before. As per mechanic this 1-1.5 inch will settle after a week, as spring must be sitting for a while. I really hope this settle down, as right now rear rides very stiff and body roll is a bit of concern on speed.

Wheel arch spacing:

• Before: 5.5 Inch 
  • Broken side: 5 inch
  • Diesel Pajero Springs: 7 Inch

This is still work in progress, so if after couple of drives ride height reduce little and flex comes back, then i will keep these or else I will order king springs and finish it off. 

Great article with details. The Diesel springs look like a good solution. If they are not to your likings, you can always revert to the OEM scrap springs as you were happy with the OEM ones before and i can imagine you are so used to it that any change in your current setup feels a bit 'off", and could force you to change your offroad-driving style to compensate for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

6 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Told you to look for other Pajero variants springs. Not possible to have only one for so many different variants. I can bet you eveb swb and lwb are different

I told you too, that Pajero in that year had same spring for SWB and LWB as per the product number search and habtoor adviser. Same have been confirmed with scrapy too today. They have tons and tons of petrol springs, like in hundreds. 

Now this was a new turn in story about diesel, which I never expected even with scrap here in UAE, but Jabal tokyo main work is bringing Japanese scrap and exporting to various other diesel loving countries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This is what we might see between Murqab and Lisaili coming weekend 😂

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hahaha, It's not so bad to change drive style just little bit stiff even on comfort settings. On the contrary this heavy duty rear springs + fully stretched shocks (i guess) eating bumps like tarmac. Tried few hard run on rough patches and didn't feel a thing.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 5.21.22 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1