•  
Advertise here

Pajero lift kit or heavy duty spring suggestion

51 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I don't think the stiffness will go away, this comes with thicker springs  🤔

I kind of agree, I also doubt as I had Aragosta rally breed suspension in my Patrol and even on softest setting it use to kill my back on long drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It's a question of what comes first- 

A) the springs settling, or B), Gaurav's spinal vertebrae giving out...  

• Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, treks said:

It's a question of what comes first- 

A) the springs settling, or B), Gaurav's spinal vertebrae giving out...  

Good one, but tbh Pajero OEM suspension is a blessing that gives that Soft, Medium and Hard setting with a flick of single button. On soft setting it's same as before on road so no complaint at all abt back or spine, its just the body roll on roundabout is scaring me little due to new COG but I guess I have to learn if spring doesn't settle down by an inch. So far in last 3-4 days, no sign that it will settle down.

On the contrary, these new heavy duty springs were super awesome in dunes, rough patch and rear high clearance allow me to escape from narrow pockets far easily than before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It is unlikely that the springs will settle. They were made to support a specific load for many years without sagging or losing their tension, so if they do "settle", it means that they have lost some of their temper, and therefore, their ability to support the load they were designed to support.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If leaf springs are too stiff you can always take a leaf out. If they’re too bouncy you can add a leaf in. I’ve worked on cars in the past where I couldn’t get parts so I measured what I need and searched through piles of springs in a scrapyard until I found the size of leaf I need. They’re easy to modify if you are prepared to put a bit of work in and do some experimenting. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Why not doing the front too? that way it will even out the ground clearance for front and back. 

Good question and thinking, but I'm running at max height in front already due to IFS. Any further lift will strain the CV joints and keep breaking them every month, now they are breaking once every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

21 hours ago, Barry said:

If leaf springs are too stiff you can always take a leaf out. If they’re too bouncy you can add a leaf in. I’ve worked on cars in the past where I couldn’t get parts so I measured what I need and searched through piles of springs in a scrapyard until I found the size of leaf I need. They’re easy to modify if you are prepared to put a bit of work in and do some experimenting. 

Only modern cars I know that used leaf springs was the XJ, Xtrail and Corvette. 

• Like (+1) 2