•  
Advertise here

Pajero lift kit or heavy duty spring suggestion

Just now broke one of rear spring in desert, nothing unusual but just a little jump but nothing flying off, done that million times before. Seems like it was the age and due time for it to go.

Appreciate any suggestions for Pajero lift kit or heavy duty 2 inch lifted springs brand, type, suggestion or any other things to consider or avoid. Thanks in advance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If you invest and get off road suspensions (spring coil and the shock absorber) then your ride comfort won't be killed in the process as those springs are longer and the shocks keep working even on longer dips and the cheapest way is to use stock shock and put in those Irani hacked shocks won't be much comfortable but will lift it up for sure there will be some handling difference for sure in short you will have to learn again how the car handle's...

• Like (+1) 2

Doubt youll find anything locally for your model. I suggest if it has been serving you well all these years just replace both rears with OEMs as one new and one old will give you a funny and wobbly ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Of course I'll change both rear springs together. I want to go OEM but height is an issue and instead of adding 2 inch spacer as a temp fix, better to drop an oversize spring to gain 2 inch lift at back, while at it.

Remember in cruiser and range we have had oem option of standard springs or standard oversize heavy duty springs, that's what I'm torn in between. 

Yeah model year and type is a big pain for finding aftermarket parts. I have to research on height and type and then match with other available ones in market. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Easiest option is to just change the springs for new original ones, should be good for another 20 years. Already worked for 20 years with no problems. If you want to go higher for cheap use longer u bolts and a set of blocks on top of the spring. Will get you an extra couple of inches, as long as your shocks allow.

Hardcore option is to get rid of the leafs and fit a 4 link kit. You may or may not have to add turrets to accommodate new shock absorbers. Have a read about 4 link systems, it costs money but the benefits are worth it. It’s one of the first mods I do when modifying older cars with live axles to rally spec. Completely transforms the car. You ever see crappy old hillman avengers keeping up with new Subaru’s through the corner? Suspension mods like this are the reason. 

• Like (+1) 1

My concern is not to lift other than what I was using (barely 2 Inch) to not to disturb the geometer of IFS, that already cracking my front axle once every two years.

I was very happy with ride height and stiffness with 2 inch spacer + OEM spring + torsion twist. Stock adjustable shocks has enough travel to accommodate 2 inch lift happily without loosing any on road comfort. Looks like in today's little jump or landing either spacer failed and move spring and broke it or spring was just old to take any more load. So now opting for new coil spring with 2 inch lift is my best bet.

While researching now, it seems Patrol GQ spring fits perfectly with 2 inch lift in Pajero, but I can't get clarity of swb vs lwb Pajero, so if anyone has a GQ stock springs, I can try before I buy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While searching to find the OEM coil height and weight with part number, I stumbled on KYB catalog for shocks that has the detail for my adjustable shocks that I was searching locally with no luck, lol.

http://www.kybme.com/assets_web/pdf/KYB_SHOCK_ABSORBERS_2018.pdf

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Why dont you try looking for oem springs for the lwb version, since it is a heavier car it sould give you a lift in the rear on the swb I remember for the land cruiser you got different rate springs for the diesel version and the one with bench seats facing each other ie troop carrier since it was supposed to carry a heavier load.  

I remeber I used the coils of a V8 grand cherokee on my inline 6 XJ and got 1.5 lift from them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

As per habtoor OEM springs is only one type showing with my chassis number - MB932851

Priced at 784 for one (not pair) as a special order from Japan, available after 30 days.

As per online these springs are same for 3.0, 3.5, LWB, SWB, hard top, soft top etc.

Good source for Mitsubishi owners: https://mitsubishi.epc-data.com

• Like (+1) 2