•  
Advertise here

Pajero / Montero / Shogun name bickering

http://shop.adventuredrivendesign.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=114

There is a growth of followers and enthousiasts on the Montero in North America due to its availability, low price, and capabilities as overland truck. I’m following lots of hem through my Instagram. 

It might be worth enquiring via these platforms. The Montero should be the same as Pajero, as the name was the only thing that didn’t got accepted in Spanish speaking countries 😂

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 7/13/2019 at 6:55 AM, Frederic said:

It might be worth enquiring via these platforms. The Montero should be the same as Pajero, as the name was the only thing that didn’t got accepted in Spanish speaking countries 😂

Its not allowed to be imported because there are not many parts in those markets for the montero/pajeros LOL but I get why they changed the name to montero if I was back home I would never buy something called Pajero 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Srikumar said:

The other name for Pajero is Shogun. Montero is the smaller sibling of the Pajero.

Shogun is indeed the UK name. 

Montero is not smaller than the Pajero though, they are identical. The smaller sibling was the Pajero IO. 

4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Montero is not smaller than the Pajero though, they are identical. The smaller sibling was the Pajero IO. 

The new montero sport is a different car of course 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The new montero sport is a different car of course 

This is so confusing 😩

• Haha (+1) 1

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

23 hours ago, Barry said:

Just to add to the confusion, Montero Sport is called Shogun Sport in Ireland, even though it’s a totally different body style from the Shogun.

Montero sport is basically the new name for their l200 pickup based 4x4 previously kown as the Nativa. Just like the fortuner is based on the hilux pickup

• Totally Agree (+2) 1