•  
Advertise here

Service Contracts vs Normal Services

syedyaseer

Gentlemen. Please share your expert advise. Normal Service for Prado from decent workshop is around AED 800-1000. Depending on type of service. Dealer quote for 80k service is from 2900-3100. Garage Service cost for the same is somewhere around AED. 2030-2200. I came across an option from the dealer i purchased my car. For 80K service cost was AED. 2030. If i get a service contract for 2 years/20K Kms cost of all 4 services is 3400. If i dont opt for contract then service cost will be as follows (2100+780+570+700). My basic question is. Is it advisable to go for service contract or go for independent services. In case if we opt for service contract. Can they cheat us on parts or checks required during the services?

2900-3100 seems excessive for a simple oil change, 80km doesn't seem to be mayor service (besides the possible brake pads replacement) but even on the first month of the service contract they are charging you almost the same amount.

Seems they are forcing you to take the service contract. I guess you'd have to go with the contract if you want to keep the warranty. If it's off the warranty I would say take it somewhere else. It's just not worth it. 

I've also heard from some friends the Toyota maintenance prices are a ripoff. I would like to hear from Toyota owners here. 

land-cruiser-prado-150-series.pdf

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

You can get the quote from outside good workshops like Dynatrade, AAA and Al Futtaim will still cover the warranty as it's been under the latest law (In 2016) as car dealer can't force expensive service for retaining warranties.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/transport/automobiles-agency-warranty-abolished

• WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You can get the quote from outside good workshops like Dynatrade, AAA and Al Futtaim will still cover the warranty as it's been under the latest law (In 2016) as car dealer can't force expensive service for retaining warranties.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/transport/automobiles-agency-warranty-abolished

Spoke to someone who knows the subject. The above rule is still under discussion and not been implemented. It is a tedious task to grade garages all over UAE. based on the grading(Like Grade A) only warranty will be intact. I personally believe once the grading is done Grade A garages will hike heir service charges near to dealership🤞 

Have you checked with Al futtaim if they accept Dynatrade services for warranties, it must be almost at par with dealer standards as they officially import and service Omani Toyota's in UAE.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Have you checked with Al futtaim if they accept Dynatrade services for warranties, it must be almost at par with dealer standards as they officially import and service Omani Toyota's in UAE.

Yes. They said only services done at AF will keep warranty intact. Also in regards to my prado. I rechecked with Automall. they said its automall warranty and not Toyota. If in case i service other than automall or AF-Toyota warranty will be void.

3 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Yes. They said only services done at AF will keep warranty intact. Also in regards to my prado. I rechecked with Automall. they said its automall warranty and not Toyota. If in case i service other than automall or AF-Toyota warranty will be void.

Hmm that's why that 2016 law announcement never made it to the surface to grade the workshops.

I still feel give a call to consumer rights and get a clear picture than trusting on one sided story.

4 hours ago, shadow79 said:

There is some grading thing going on the back there was some discussion on it at the last automachanika exhibition

Even i was told the same thing. Grading structure is under process and will be implemented on completion and approvals from relevant authorities. 

Important Information

Terms of use