•  
Advertise here

Car paint tester - where to buy

PradeepVizz

In my journey of finding a car, i seem to be finding quite a lot of car with accident history. in order to distinguish, i understand a paint tester will be useful. Can you recommend where to buy one and a good model (or possibly lend one :D). My search basically has only been only on Noon and Amazon, but i am sure the people here can point out proper shops.

Check amazon.ae You will find lot of options. Better to go for digital paint tester. I personally feel digital will be have accurate reading where you are make out if the panel was dented and repaired or it was just re-coated for scratches. 

It’s usually pretty easy to spot when a car has been painted. Paint is never 100% match and it’s never flat. I don’t know why so many painters here have an aversion to wet sanding to correct their work. If you can park the car under a yellow street light at night it always shows the faults. Small fluorescent strip light is handy too, shine it on the paint and and you can see where the paint or metal work isn’t straight. 

• Like (+1) 2

Easiet way is to just look down the lenght of the car and you'll wavy panels. more obvious if you bob your head a little to the left and righr.

People are also cheap youll sometimes see one sparkly new headlight and one crusty old yellow one. Usually means front end collision.

Lift the hood and see if the slam panel is nice and straight with all the original warning labels. on the side see of the bolts holding the fenders are no messed with or painted over.  Take out the door seals and see if metal lip they sit on is nice and straight. lift the carpet in the boot and see if everything is straight and true there.

Other obvious things as mentioned are mismatched paint, tape lines, over spray etc etc etc

Ive sold painted cars to aweer dealers who have brought out expensive paint testers and tested every panel and 9 tines out of 10 it cant tell or being used wrongly.

It just reads paint thickness via ultrasonics  

• WOW (+2) 2

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

People are also cheap 

Yes, heck yes. The majority of people don’t care about a quality job, they just chase the cheapest price, no matter how shitty the work is. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use