•  
Advertise here

Toyota Genuine Parts

6 hours ago, Javier M said:

I have worked in automotive manufacturing and all manufacturers would sell the parts to the car companies so they would just put them in a box that said Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, etc. but the manufacturers would also sell them as other brands but it was exactly the same part inside. With the only exception that the "genuine brand" part would sell twice as expensive. 

Granted, there are quality standards that "some" car companies would require to the manufactures, but once that is set they would have the same production standards to all products. 

Exactly. Do some research, find out who makes the parts. I’ve saved a fortune over the years buying brands like Aisin, Ferodo, Gates, Valeo etc. It’s the same part in a different box. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

35 minutes ago, Barry said:

Exactly. Do some research, find out who makes the parts. I’ve saved a fortune over the years buying brands like Aisin, Ferodo, Gates, Valeo etc. It’s the same part in a different box. 

Thats why I love National Auto for LR bits they already stock those and ask you which one you want even let you conpare both of them

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Something else, if you can’t get spurious parts, run a cross reference on the part number you need. If you can’t get a Lincoln part, check the Ford part number. If you can’t get a Renault part, check Nissan. If you can’t get a Peugeot part, check Citroen. If you can’t get a VW or Audi part, check Skoda. Etc etc. So many parts are interchangeable between manufacturers that are all owned by one parent company. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 minutes ago, Barry said:

Something else, if you can’t get spurious parts, run a cross reference on the part number you need. If you can’t get a Lincoln part, check the Ford part number. If you can’t get a Renault part, check Nissan. If you can’t get a Peugeot part, check Citroen. If you can’t get a VW or Audi part, check Skoda. Etc etc. So many parts are interchangeable between manufacturers that are all owned by one parent company. 

I dunno now but before AC Delco had a real nice site that let you do this for American cars. 

Or one can in most cases just lookup the part manufacturer and number off the bit itself and look it up. Like most ac compressors are made by denso from jap to eurp exotics. Electric bits by magnetto marielli or something like that. Most europeans cars have a lot of valeo bits.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1