•  
Advertise here

Emirates Auctions anyone + request suggestions for places to look for used cars

PradeepVizz

Does anyone have an experience of buying car via this site http://www.emiratesauction.com? i kind of expect the members to swear for this idea of not even looking at the car in person and buying it online... :) well, honestly have become bored of seeing dubizzle, yalla motors, yzer, Dubi Cars and more... I think that i have picked up a very niche model or something and can't seem to get the cars i have shortlisted... :( Any suggestions on where look for used cars? 

i am looking to buy from direct owner and not a dealer. i found carswitch good at connecting consumers directly. buyanycar/sellanycar seems to have more number of cars than carswitch, however my experience tells me that these guys are just a bridge for car dealers and not really here to help consumers  

Edited by Pradeep Rajasekaran

You clearly are waaay overthinking it. Is this going to be your 1st car here ? If you have decided what to get and how much you are willing to spend on it 80% of the battle is won, now you just have to wait for the right one to come along, sometimes it can even take several month. I know the feeling  a close friend of mine is also looking for a car at the moment and we have seen atleast half a dozen in the last two weeks. 

Sometimes it works to put out a wanted adv. Long back I was looking for a Range Rover Classic and even back then they were rare as hens teeth. After waiting for a month or two and not finding anything I put out a wanted adv in Izzle. Immediatelty an older british gentleman reached out to me. Said he had one for sale. 

Went out to look at it, he was the second owner and he had bought it from a friend who had left the country. Car was in excellent nick, always parked in a closed garage with only 79.000kms on i. Really low kms  for a 1991 He only used it on the weekends to go to beach with the kids. We could not make a deal, because I was not budging from my price and he from his. 3 or 4 years later another friend wanted a RR Classic and I happen to still have his number so I called him and he still had it but closer to 85k ish kms this time and he would still sell it. 

Eventually my buddy bought the car for 8k drove it for a year and then sold it to another friend who still has it to this day.

P.S : You can actually go check out the cars physically at emiratesauction, they have a big yard behind tasjeel village as well as in Aweer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Their is nothing as good car and bad car. For a seller all of his car on sale are excellent cars. For a buyer every car he is interested will be under scrutiny. It totally depends on your skill to inspect the car. I would suggest if you are going to see any car and have a doubt, please ensure that you take someone(may be friend) who has knowledge on the subject. Ask questions on everything and anything you are not comfortable with. After all its your hard earned money!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

24 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Their is nothing as good car and bad car. For a seller all of his car on sale are excellent cars. For a buyer every car he is interested will be under scrutiny

you just blew me out there, that's very true. i think this basic understanding will help a long way in the journey of buying cars!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PradeepVizz said:

Does anyone have an experience of buying car via this site http://www.emiratesauction.com? i kind of expect the members to swear for this idea of not even looking at the car in person and buying it online... :) well, honestly have become bored of seeing dubizzle, yalla motors, yzer, Dubi Cars and more... I think that i have picked up a very niche model or something and can't seem to get the cars i have shortlisted... :( Any suggestions on where look for used cars? 

i am looking to buy from direct owner and not a dealer. i found carswitch good at connecting consumers directly. buyanycar/sellanycar seems to have more number of cars than carswitch, however my experience tells me that these guys are just a bridge for car dealers and not really here to help consumers  

Have you tried the Ras Al Khor car market ? Be cautious and take a friend along to double check everything. I am not so fond of the Emirates auction thingy and i prefer to buy directly from an owner too. But if the prices is really low it might be worth considering. But don't get fooled by the low starting prices. Most auctions go pretty high and i've heard quite some horror stories about missing paperwork, extra costs (read the small letters)...

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

19 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Ras Al Khor car market

Thanks Frederic. No, have not tried it. i don't think i am good at negotiating and in general don't trust the dealers. how do we check the car condition if i pick one here? As they won't be registered, will i even be able to take them out for a test drive? Do we get to run the car through a comprehensive test or something if i choose a car from the car market?  

i just looked at one of the terms and conditions in small letter and it says 90 days LOL. who would want to wait for a car for 90 days.

l. The paper of the vehicle shall be finalized within approximately 90 work days of completing the payment process. 

Just now, PradeepVizz said:

Thanks Frederic. No, have not tried it. i don't think i am good at negotiating and in general don't trust the dealers. how do we check the car condition if i pick one here? As they won't be registered, will i even be able to take them out for a test drive? Do we get to run the car through a comprehensive test or something if i choose a car from the car market?  

i just looked at one of the terms and conditions in small letter and it says 90 days LOL. who would want to wait for a car for 90 days.

Just start with the assumption that indeed no dealer can be trusted. You can take the cars for a test drive on the car market itself (within the premises) but you won't be able to take it on long stretches. But should be enough to assess the brakes, suspension, engine sounds, or others. 

You can also ask them to hook up the car to an OBD scanner to check for existing faults, and you can probably search via the VIN number if the car has been in an accident. 

I guess it all depends on the budget and the expectations. I bought my little Pajero on Ras Al Khor automarket and didnt want to pay too much because i knew that i'd have to throw another 5-10k at it to make it look and perform the way i wanted it. It's a buyers market now and they want to get rid of their cars so that gives you some leverage over the asking price. Just calculate as per the worst case scenario of costs you'd probably encounter on that car and make sure you are prepared and well informed in advance, so you can quickly see through all the bla bla bla from the dealer. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Dealers usually have a dealers plate, might have seen then white plate with red numbers and lettering in Arabic . Those are good to go, you can drive and take them anywhere with those plates. 

Ras Al Khor is a one stop shop. They have a tasjeel in it as well as many car testing places right outside. 

But fortunately Ive never needed any of these services.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PradeepVizz said:

Thanks mate. That  was helpful. I missed a car that I wanted a month ago, now I am fully ready, even with cash lol. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Old trick, always works with me. Take cash with you, dont talk price over the phone. Go see the car, test drive it etc etc once you know its a good one and you want it. dont make any Ill let you know, lets make an appointment to get it checked at xyz a few days from now etc etc. 

Take out the cash of what you want to pay for it and slam it on the hood. look mate heres the money, serious buyer here with cash in hand lets go now and transfer it and save your self the trouble of showing the car everyother day to tyre kickers.

9 times out of 10 this has worked for me. maybe 1 or 2k up and down from the offer made.

Pressurize the seller into selling it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use