•  
Advertise here

Anyone good at balancing Carbs?

Barry

Definitely not my cup of tea but surely I could pull some strings and get it done...there is a old Baloch guy who does only carburetor rebuild and tuning I had my Tercel and few other cars through him...

Edited by shadow79
More info
  • Like (+1) 2

Is this Chevy a project?

If it is, the first thing I would do is to check and rebuild the carb spindles, and then fabricate a proper linkage between the carbs to remove all free play. Looking at this setup, there is no way you will ever get those carbs synchronized, let alone balanced- even with calibrated vacuum gauges.   

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, treks said:

Is this Chevy a project?

If it is, the first thing I would do is to check and rebuild the carb spindles, and then fabricate a proper linkage between the carbs to remove all free play. Looking at this setup, there is no way you will ever get those carbs synchronized, let alone balanced- even with calibrated vacuum gauges.   

Yeah it’s a project. I’ve got it running so it’s going on the back burner for a while until I finish some more important stuff.

The triple deuce used to be a popular setup with hot rodders in the US of A back in the day but personally, I don’t get it. 4 twin choke carbs on an 8 cylinder make more sense, one choke for each cylinder. Even a pair of 4 barrels if you want to make it simpler. 6 chokes between 8 cylinders, the numbers don’t add up. 

But, it’s period correct for the car and it’s unique so it’s staying. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've always found this set up weird, but somehow they go it to work based on the firing order, which limits scavenging during valve overlap. I agree though, one barrel for each cylinder makes more sense. 

• Like (+1) 1