•  
Advertise here

Help reading Test certificate

Hey guys,

i have been hunting for a used car and found one interesting recently. i checked out the vehicle and it was acceptable so i thought of utilizing the RTA's Vehicle Status Report. Took the owner's permission and applied for the request online - was not easy. Expected the Vehicle report to be available instantly as per the RTA website, but it took like 16 hours. Looks like someone was sitting and generating the report manually. OK moving on.. enuf rant.  The report has provides the inspection history and had something that i don't understand, so i would like the expert's here for some help. Can you please have a look at the attachment to let me know your thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance. 

As this is a relatively new service and not much information is available and i thought that i should let the community know about the contents of this report. Here is the summary of my report.

01. Vehicle Specification Info : Available
02. Odometer Reading: Available
03. Ownership Info: Available 
04. Circular Info: Not Available
05. Registration Info: Available
06. Inspection Info: Available
07. Confiscations Info: Not Available 
08. Stolen Info: Available
09. Manufacturer Info: Not Available

vehicle_test_final.png.c2c5650adb3af5be077a95bad70fad65.png

• Like (+1) 1

Can you open the details of these?

image.png

Looks like at some point chassis had some issues and I will be very curious to know how did it passed again after few days.

Second seems tires, must be old so he changed for renewal - normal

Cylinder case is also doubtful that it shows car had 6 cyl engine, but owner changed to 4 cycl - why.....?

• Error in RTA data - It's OK
  • Customer change engine - why, where, which, at what kms etc. etc.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

30 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

image.png

Looks like at some point chassis had some issues and I will be very curious to know how did it passed again after few days.

Cylinder case is also doubtful that it shows car had 6 cyl engine, but owner changed to 4 cycl - why.....?

Stick the VIN into vindecoderz.com, it will give you the original factory spec, engine number, transmission number etc. then you can check if the numbers on the engine correspond. 

Converting a 6 cyl to a 4 cyl does seem odd though. You’re more likely to do it the other way around. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

35 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

image.png

The more confusing thing was both the tests were same day, just 3.5 hours apart. The car had the same mileage in both the tests.

37 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

This is the only detail I have for the issue...

You think a car engine replacement for a small SUV 2.5 can be changed in like 3.5 hours ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

3 minutes ago, PradeepVizz said:

You think a car engine replacement for a small SUV 2.5 can be changed in like 3.5 hours ?

Depends on the car and who’s doing it and if they have done it before but if it’s a simple one, it could be done in half a day. I used to be able to change the engine in my race car in under 30 minutes if I used power tools. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This sound either a discrepancy on RTA system or wasta to pull out and conceal things. God knows.

Can you answer my previous questions....?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

wasta to pull out and conceal things

never thought of this, the current owner sure has vasta. 

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

odometer has not changed - so i understand it's the same KM as in the test. 

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

no, the report only has this - no more details.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

The car is only 4 Cylinder. vincoderz and current vehicle license has the same license numbers - did not check the actual serial number on the vehicle though.. :( 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Barry said:

Stick the VIN into vindecoderz.com, it will give you the original factory spec, engine number, transmission number etc. then you can check if the numbers on the engine correspond. 

Converting a 6 cyl to a 4 cyl does seem odd though. You’re more likely to do it the other way around. 

This one is very useful.. i saw so much more data and it's helpful. 

26 minutes ago, Barry said:

Depends on the car and who’s doing it and if they have done it before but if it’s a simple one, it could be done in half a day. I used to be able to change the engine in my race car in under 30 minutes if I used power tools. 

Thanks mate. i think i should talk ask the owner a little more details. This is tricky as i think the owner may not feel comfortable to discuss. 

• Like (+1) 2

Well if he like to sell the car, then he should be comfortable in answering these test discrepancies.

If its not a rare car that you are after, I would pass on smallest red flag on chassis or engine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2