•  
Advertise here

Help reading Test certificate

From that tiny 0.5 pixel by 0.5 pixel tiny pic I can tell you its an auction car. Because it has the lot number sticker on the driver side windscreen. Most probably copart, from the look of the pic. 

GCC specs?  KIA Sportage?

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

From that tiny 0.5 pixel by 0.5 pixel tiny pic I can tell you its an auction car. Because it has the lot number sticker on the driver side windscreen. Most probably copart, from the look of the pic. 

My God, you are amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

Dude, you are 100% correct; i am dumbfound! This is Copart and when i zoomed in to the original report's photo, i could see a hi-res photo and it has the lot number and checked it on coport's website and it matches... i can see the test certificate too! i am without no words.. 

• Like (+1) 1

So this is content of the test certificate on copart.

test_report.png

it shows one problem that i found during the test drive - if i open the full throttle, the car stalls at 3k - 3.5 K RPM. acts as if there is no fuel. however, when driven normally (normal throttle) this problem did not occur and car reached 80+; acceleration was good in both situations. 

As professional's, what would you guys do with this car? i don't want the car such badly, but a practical understanding of this car is what i like to hear.

Edited by PradeepVizz
  • Like (+1) 1

Unless you are a sound mechanic or technician who wish to buy this and fix it for own use / resell, I wouldn't be going anyway closer to such junk to waste my time and money.

Car buying with clean history and test report throws so many issues after few months, let alone this screaming and shouting car with tons and tons of red flags, concern and suspicion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

34 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Unless you are a sound mechanic or technician who wish to buy this and fix it for own use / resell, I wouldn't be going anyway closer to such junk to waste my time and money.

Car buying with clean history and test report throws so many issues after few months, let alone this screaming and shouting car with tons and tons of red flags, concern and suspicion.

i think i should take the advice from experts here. obviously something is fine and need to spend time and money to get this to fully proper condition.

32 minutes ago, sertac said:

Stay away from this one. 

Thanks mate.

15 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

It could be fuel pump or air metering sensors...if truly only rear damage is there and fixed professionally then it should last like any other car of same age...

As per copart, primary damage is MINOR DENTS/SCRATCHES. secondary is normal wear. The car did not have proper service history and had adnoc sticker, so surely the condition is average at max.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PradeepVizz said:

As per copart, primary damage is MINOR DENTS/SCRATCHES. secondary is normal wear. The car did not have proper service history and had adnoc sticker, so surely the condition is average at max.

Everything is always minor from selling point of view from car dealers and auction site.

Tables turn when you sell it, guy slashed 20K from my Mustang as one the steering wheel volume button was faded and he said we need to re-upholster the whole car interior. Sold next week at fair price by myself.

Please look into private deal if you are not in car buying/selling/fixing business, my humble two cents.

You can actually get a super clean cars at a very good bargain price if you are regularly scanning the adverts daily. I bought all my cars from Private deal since 2002. I tried many times the used car dealers and auction sites when I was desperate but I never ended up buying any after wasting lot of time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.