•  
Advertise here

How much does Radiator Flushing cost ?

arunnvs

How much does it cost?.  Nothing. Get under your car and there should be a drain plug. Open it and ket everything flush out. Fill it with water and and radiator cleaning additive you prefer. Drive the car around for 15 minutes and drain it again. And then fill with coolant. 

Best would be to take it out and reverse flush it but Im guessing you DIY skills are nowhere near that level

• Like (+1) 2

Flush is pretty useless 9 out of 10 times if car is moving heat gauge in traffic. 

Getting it cleaned from inside is much better as once in two year or depending on kms you have done.

Which car and year? How many kms driven? When was last radiator changed or cleaned?

If service advisor is suggesting without any symptom then it's a waste tbh.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

^^^^^ That if you are tyring to cure heating issues with a flush, then not even worth the bother.

Otherwise its good practise to flush out your radiator and fill it with fresh fluid every two years

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

Otherwise its good practise to flush out your radiator and fill it with fresh fluid every two years

Sorry dude, I find flushing is pretty useless instead inside core cleaning once every two years is much better, safer and long lasting.

If its a road only car and no sign of heat gauge moving in traffic, I won't touch the cooling system even if its more than 2 years. UAE summer is a very good litmus test for cooling system than any other advices. 

Coolants generally have a long life compared to other fluids, if they arent leaking.

image.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Sorry dude, I find flushing is pretty useless instead inside core cleaning once every two years is much better, safer and long lasting.

If its a road only car and no sign of heat gauge moving in traffic, I won't touch the cooling system even if its more than 2 years. UAE summer is a very good litmus test for cooling system than any other advices. 

Coolants generally have a long life compared to other fluids, if they arent leaking.

image.png 

Read the complete post. Its not to cure heating issues but just to clean up any stray debris and buildup and like everything else coolant also has a life and after around two years its pretty much done. its good practice to flush and refill with new coolant

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 7/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, Gaurav said:

Flush is pretty useless 9 out of 10 times if car is moving heat gauge in traffic. 

Getting it cleaned from inside is much better as once in two year or depending on kms you have done.

Which car and year? How many kms driven? When was last radiator changed or cleaned?

If service advisor is suggesting without any symptom then it's a waste tbh.

Thanks Gaurav Bhai for the reply,

its a 2013 Fortuner from automall , i did a 40k run after the purchase. never did a flush

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arunnvs said:

Thanks Gaurav Bhai for the reply,

its a 2013 Fortuner from automall , i did a 40k run after the purchase. never did a flush

Read the owner manual and find out after how many kms coolant change (not flush) is recommended. I think it's 160K Kms. This 40k must be "INSPECTION" only that someone is telling you to flush or change......!

Do you have any heat gauge moving up and down in traffic? Or any other engine overheating sign?

Who has suggested you for flush and why?

20 hours ago, desertdude said:

Read the complete post. Its not to cure heating issues but just to clean up any stray debris and buildup and like everything else coolant also has a life and after around two years its pretty much done. its good practice to flush and refill with new coolant

This depends on KMS more than on year tbh. 2 Year rule is not really required if its not an offroad car.

Toyota recommend change after 120 - 160K kms, Chevrolet - 240K Kms, MB - 190K

• Like (+1) 1

Usually it does not have to be years or kms as far as I can see there is always one time or other for some reason the cooling system has to be opened some times for Access to some other part or to clear a seeping pipe so mostly your coolent is being mixed with new coolent from time to time...as a general rule don't fix something that is not broken....

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use