•  

Newbie drive Pink Rocks - 25 July 2019

Rahimdad

As the summer heat is in full form, our night drive is the only escape to enjoy the good breeze and pleasant weather in the desert (fingers crossed). This time we are heading to our much-loved sandbox of Pink Rock in Tawi Nazwa area. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might continue to Bidayer, if not then we will end at 2nd Dec cafeteria for easy exit.

This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste.

Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.

When: 25 July 2019, Thursday

Meeting time: 11 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM

Where: Tawi Nazwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/4U9z5Q9HdesX3UU59

Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 4 am and then break for snacks

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Shamil for your query. As per my experience absolute first timers find it more difficult when they are not able to see where they are going and all experienced gained in night drives is n9t really helpful when they see the daylight. If your friend is willing to come and ready to be a passenger if at any point he feels uncomfortable, he is welcome to join. If he is coming let him sign up for the drive and be 30 minutes early at the meeting point so that we can give him the absolute newbie brief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Thank you @Shamil for your query. As per my experience absolute first timers find it more difficult when they are not able to see where they are going and all experienced gained in night drives is n9t really helpful when they see the daylight. If your friend is willing to come and ready to be a passenger if at any point he feels uncomfortable, he is welcome to join. If he is coming let him sign up for the drive and be 30 minutes early at the meeting point so that we can give him the absolute newbie brief.

And this time 30 minutes means 30 minutes in advance, if he is late then we cant do the briefing holding everyone else and he might have to come back next week. Remember @Roshan Abraham briefing held all 6 cars, not good for people who were on time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I would like to join this drive i need your advice guys if i should? my off-roading experience as below:

I have Pajero 3.8 LWB since 2010 (well maintained) all in stock with 2 inch lift dobinson suspensions stage 2, i have been as a passenger in off-roading at least 4 times and i have gone off-roading as a driver 2010 1st time off-roading and it was a night drive. then i drove 2 times light off-roading between these years and more off driving in and out to the beach on sand.

PS: I have no flag, night lights nor skid plates. if needed i can fix, please let me know.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome Michael to Carnity and its offroad club.

If drive lead Rahimdad allow you for this drive, then please come 30 mins early for newbie briefing - very important for new joiners.

Just arrange the flag, for lights you can use high beam until you are convinced with your new hobby. Same for skid plate.

Hope your Pajero rear bumper is sorted, if not @Srikumar can guide you here on what's needed to remove it for the drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Michael sammy you need to remove the aluminium lip in the rear bumper. There are 4 botls on the top and 4 underneath the car. You can get it removed very easily in any garage. It's a 10 min job. If not possible, then we can look at it before the drive and get it out.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use