•  
Advertise here

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Probably a heat gun to make the glue loose, and then an old creditcard or cutter blade. That should do the trick.

With inside the car temp in afternoon hitting close to 60-70 degrees, do we really need a heatgun, but I need to dare myself for sauna in July.

• Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

With inside the car temp in afternoon hitting close to 60-70 degrees, do we really need a heatgun, but I need to dare myself for sauna in July.

Hahahaha no need for a heatgun in that case 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

We use petrol if it doesn't go then we use more petrol then rub like crazy...it goes good if not then we use brake fluid and rub like anything...

Then get the petrol and brake fluid on Friday and show me how to do it, lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

There is a product available in ace hardware Goo Gone adhesive remover which will definitely work. First try all DIY suggested above and I am sure petrol will solve your problem.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks Asif bhai for wonderful goo gone idea.

Below video even shows home made goo gone kind of paste to remove glue or salik stickers. I remember salik sticker removal is also a nightmare due to super weird position people put it and then you keep hitting your head on windshield while removing it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Below video even shows home made goo gone kind of paste to remove glue or salik stickers. I remember salik sticker removal is also a nightmare due to super weird position people put it and then you keep hitting your head on windshield while removing it.

The baking soda gives the abrasion and the coconut oil works like a carrier. But the main thing cleaning it is the alcohol.

I don't think your windshield would get cleaned with this as iin your case it's a much stronger adhesive. You will definitely need a solvent in which the glue dissolves. That's why I suggest a ethyl acetate based thinner from national paints which you can get in any hardware store. Ethyl acetate is one of the raw material which keeps an adhesive in liquid state and once it evaporates it gives a strong bonding

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Srikumar said:

The baking soda gives the abrasion and the coconut oil works like a carrier. But the main thing cleaning it is the alcohol.

I don't think your windshield would get cleaned with this as iin your case it's a much stronger adhesive. You will definitely need a solvent in which the glue dissolves. That's why I suggest a ethyl acetate based thinner from national paints which you can get in any hardware store. Ethyl acetate is one of the raw material which keeps an adhesive in liquid state and once it evaporates it gives a strong bonding

Just be careful not to smell too much of it or else..... 

• Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use