•  
Advertise here

After trying several phone holders with suction grip, I wanted to order the best and bought the Promate Dashboard Mount. It lasted for few months with very strong grip for offroad bumps, but died in summer heat.

Any clue how to remove glue from the car glass and clear the windscreen from this nasty mess.

Promate Dashboard Mount, Universal Windshield or Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder with 360 Degree Rotation, Flexible Gooseneck, Anti-Slip Grip and Secure Holder for iPhone, Samsung, MagMount-4 Red

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 4.11.01 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 4.11.01 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 4.11.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 4.11.02 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-21 at 4.11.02 PM.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Glue was there already and I just peel off the sticker and installed. I haven't seen much the glue based suction holder but thought it maybe needed to make it strong, which actually it did.

Maybe promate need to use UAE weather proof glue to market such products here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I went to Promate site to find this product and spotted that this comes with 24 months warranty.

Sent a message with receipt and got a call back in 30 mins that we will replace it after receiving the failed product.

Very impressive with there customer service, will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Appreciate if someone can advise how to clean this glue from the car glass?

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I went to Promate site to find this product and spotted that this comes with 24 months warranty.

Sent a message with receipt and got a call back in 30 mins that we will replace it after receiving the failed product.

Very impressive with there customer service, will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Appreciate if someone can advise how to clean this glue from the car glass?

I would try the shaving method:

* Take a Stanley cutter knife and remove the blade, make sure the glue is hot or heated up it should come off easier. Then put on some gloves and by sliding / shaving over the windshield in a 45° angle you should be able to remove the glue. Just imagine you're working in a barber shop :) 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I had a similar issue when I replaced the salik tag for the jeep. I took it to grand service station for steam washing and asked the guys if they can remove it, they did a good job, I don't know what they did, but maybe you can do the same on the next washing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Frederic said:

I would try the shaving method:

* Take a Stanley cutter knife and remove the blade, make sure the glue is hot or heated up it should come off easier. Then put on some gloves and by sliding / shaving over the windshield in a 45° angle you should be able to remove the glue. Just imagine you're working in a barber shop :) 

Should I use the Gillette shaving foam as well?

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Should I use the Gillette saving foam as well?

remember to use the delicate skin foam, you don't want to irritate the windshield. 

• Haha (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Should I use the Gillette saving foam as well?

Gilette...the best a windshield can get...

6 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I had a similar issue when I replaced the salik tag for the jeep. I took it to grand service station for steam washing and asked the guys if they can remove it, they did a good job, I don't know what they did, but maybe you can do the same on the next washing. 

Probably a heat gun to make the glue loose, and then an old creditcard or cutter blade. That should do the trick.

• Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use