•  
Advertise here

I have used this Mitsubishi same Engine oil which is manufactured by LUKOIL (check at backside) and within 1000 kms it turned black and started giving some strange knocking noise from my Pajero engine. Switch back to my all time favorite Mobil 1 and never heard those knocking again.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

Mobil 1 is pretty expensive...

Yeah you are right, 180 for 4 liter instead of 90 dhs for 4 liter is double the price but not at all expensive considering the quality and peace of mind while hitting your car at redline every week.

One fuel tank cost 125

One engine cost 7000 - 12000

One engine swap cost 1500 - 3000

Downtime for busting engine: 7 days - a month time, in my case 3 months as sourcing rare engine is painful.

And this 100 dhs extra on engine oil will last for 6K kms for offroad and 10K for road use.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I haven’t seen anyone post the real reason why having too much oil in the engine is bad. 

If the oil level is too high and the crankshaft touches the surface, it will create bubbles in the oil as it dips in and out. Think of it like whisking an egg white. It doesn’t take long to turn the egg white into a nice thick foamy meringue. Well the same thing will happen to the oil. It doesn’t take long for all the oil to turn to foam and fill the engine. 

The big problem here is that the oil pump is designed to pump liquid. It’s not designed to pump foam and bubbles so critical engine parts aren’t getting properly lubricated. The bearings, rings etc soon heat up and seize due to oil starvation. Having too much oil can cause same effect as if you ran the engine with no oil in it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 7/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, Barry said:

I haven’t seen anyone post the real reason why having too much oil in the engine is bad. 

If the oil level is too high and the crankshaft touches the surface, it will create bubbles in the oil as it dips in and out. Think of it like whisking an egg white. It doesn’t take long to turn the egg white into a nice thick foamy meringue. Well the same thing will happen to the oil. It doesn’t take long for all the oil to turn to foam and fill the engine. 

The big problem here is that the oil pump is designed to pump liquid. It’s not designed to pump foam and bubbles so critical engine parts aren’t getting properly lubricated. The bearings, rings etc soon heat up and seize due to oil starvation. Having too much oil can cause same effect as if you ran the engine with no oil in it. 

All of this is true but at the time this thread first came up, I was too lazy to type out a long post.:mellow: 

• Haha (+1) 2