•  
Advertise here

Tips to Increase AC cooling in traffic

I was suffering from bad AC cooling in traffic since a month now. Checked and refill the original US Freon but still cooling drops significantly in stop and go traffic. Clean the front grill evaporator or condenser whatevr its called, still marginal improvement. Finally while researching this topic I foud that keeping a 2-3 gap distance in traffic is the only way to have nice cooling in Pajero. Idea is if you are too close to car in front then AC will suck hot exhaust air and if you are few meters away then it can get atomospheric air. Try and let me know if it works for you.

• Like (+1) 5

If your cooling system is working correctly it shouldnt make any difference. 

Peak hot hours in a traffic jam ambient temperature is attrcious all over, heat coming from all around including the tarmac.

Check your aux fans, main fan, gas levels, evaporator in the dash, valve and everything is A OK then it only means your compressor is tired.

Next time check while stationary but reving up the engine for a10 seconds does it get cooer or not

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Wash the dust out of your radiator. Keep the revs up a bit, the compressor will work harder. 

Check your ac filter too. If it’s dirty you won’t get full air flow. I changed mine last week and it transformed my ac

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Derick said:

Thanks guys, I have done all two times and still in traffio it was loosing its chill. This workaround worked for me the best

which one the bucket one ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

which one the bucket one ?

How do you expect me to step out in traffic to throw bucket of water?

Only in stop and go traffic it drops the cooling little and become fine when moving or sitting idle in a breathable space like parking, road side, red light etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 7/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, Derick said:

I was suffering from bad AC cooling in traffic since a month now. Checked and refill the original US Freon but still cooling drops significantly in stop and go traffic. Clean the front grill evaporator or condenser whatevr its called, still marginal improvement. Finally while researching this topic I foud that keeping a 2-3 gap distance in traffic is the only way to have nice cooling in Pajero. Idea is if you are too close to car in front then AC will suck hot exhaust air and if you are few meters away then it can get atomospheric air. Try and let me know if it works for you.

Install an extra cooling fan that might help to push more air .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

In my view, show it to good AC technician rather than mechanic who knows too little about AC and think by topping up gas they have mastered the HVAC system.

While back somebody here was appreciating a place in DIP, can't rem the name. I think @desertdude or @Jeh made that recommendation.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.