•  
Advertise here

Buying an old Nissan patrol safari 2002 model

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

P.S : Hate to break it to you buy your 10 year old Pajero is not new or expensive anymore. You can get them between 25-30k now

You miss understood me i mean about expensive car not to buy a new expensive car for offroading, just a toy car.

I always felt pajero is not strong enough in difficult situations and fragile every time small tiny problem it cost a lot to fix, that's why i thought of getting safari tank to be worry free as wt i have seen done with these cars and how much these cars get abused no other cars can deal with much abuse. 

That's why idea and logic i was thinking about. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, desertdude said:

Pajero or no pajero just drive it in D unless real sticky situation. And no unfortunately even jero owners will not side with your statement

Pajero between 2008 till 2011 all gear they auto shift they don't hold the gear so as far as i seen and heard and read here you don't need the car to auto change gear while climbing you lose the momentum.

However i am open to learn from the offroading experts, that's why I am here in carnety

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

Please advise i have a pajero 3.8 LWB 2010 but its maintained and it is in a very good condition as i bought it brand new back in 2010.

I'm thinking of buying a second hand car only for offroading and activities Hence i thought of buying a low budget car and customize it. 

I believe that Nissan patrol safari is one of most powerful cars when it comes to offroading.

Do you recommend Nissan patrol safari?

If yes which models i should look for and which models i should stay away?

I saw couple of cars but at least they have 250k in mileage if not more is that okay ?

Is it necessary to get car with diff lock ?

Is it necessary the car has manual shift mood as in the gear of pajero?

PS: I am looking for maximum of 20k aed 

Mike, Welcome to Carnity - Hope you are enjoying !

Why would you want to buy a weekend offroader since you have 3.8 with those MRR dobinsons lift kit, I would suggest to join Newbie drives and then to decide as you progress that if you really want to have a weekend offroader for those roller coaster above intermediate drives that the LWB Paj sotck might find it challenging !!

Hope to catch up soon for the upcoming drives next month, as Ill be traveling out this week.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Yeah very good made by and we forgot to ask this primary question.

What do you mean by offroading?

1) hard core dune bashing, long hill climb

2) easy to medium dunes and tracks, camping.

If you buy for 1) u can do 2) but not vice versa, as it has to be different animal for 1) than 2).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

Mike, Welcome to Carnity - Hope you are enjoying !

Why would you want to buy a weekend offroader since you have 3.8 with those MRR dobinsons lift kit, I would suggest to join Newbie drives and then to decide as you progress that if you really want to have a weekend offroader for those roller coaster above intermediate drives that the LWB Paj sotck might find it challenging !!

Hope to catch up soon for the upcoming drives next month, as Ill be traveling out this week.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advise 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

You miss understood me i mean about expensive car not to buy a new expensive car for offroading, just a toy car.

I always felt pajero is not strong enough in difficult situations and fragile every time small tiny problem it cost a lot to fix, that's why i thought of getting safari tank to be worry free as wt i have seen done with these cars and how much these cars get abused no other cars can deal with much abuse. 

That's why idea and logic i was thinking about. 

Yeah that makes perfect sense to get a cheap weekend toy so even if it explodes its not a great loss.

I will even throw a Land Cruiser or Pathfinder of similar age into the mix.

But as you say you know of a private deal going on for VTC 4.8 then go for it.

After a basic check to see everything is in good working order, you can pretty much take it even for extreme desert bashing in stock form, without having to risk losing bumpers and what not.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1