•  

Shuwaib - Iftar Bowl - Intermediate Drive - 1 Aug 2019

Gaurav

After many nice areas, its due time to visit Shuwaib. It's a very challenging area that has a great mix and twist of technical dunes of small, medium and large sizes. Everything in Shuwaib is gonna keep you awake and require your constant focus and instant reaction. The plan is to enter from Al-Shuwaib side and to exit from Iftar bowl after having a good fill at Super Bowl to Iftar Bowl stretch that offers most amazing tall but rolling dunes.

When: 01 Aug 2019

Meeting time: 11:00 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM

Where: ADNOC station on Dubai Hatta Road After Bidayer Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/XrPwrrig7zegPRDF6

Level: Strictly intermediate and above

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance. 

Please check your fluids levels and make sure you have the complete intermediate level off-road gear. 

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 4:00 AM 

What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories.

Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Won't make it on this one as my family is flying back into Dubai Thursday. No more bachelor fun 🤣

• Sad (0) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Frederic said:

Won't make it on this one as my family is flying back into Dubai Thursday. No more bachelor fun 🤣

I will see you on the next one.. 

MRW I see the queen regent is being whipped butt naked through the streets for her sins

• Haha (+1) 4

Trip Report - @shadow79 coming to a drive and it goes without hiccups, never gonna happen. Being a busy Thursday I was glad to leave office on time. But the universe was already in action knowing @shadow79 was on hos way too. My car started hiccups so I would momentarily loose power and back again.  So forget about any rest, dropped my wife home and headed to his garage. After 40 minutes of sweat and hard work it seemed better. Headed home again to pick up my stuff and on to the meeting point.

I was the first one to reach and after consultation with the car doctor decided to take my vehicle any ways. After deflation and a brief we headed in but close to the road to be on the safe side. We had 2 long climbs and I missed out on both of them and couldn't manage to reach the top. At this point I felt that I was totally off my game, and the throttle seemed to be high as well. After a quick reset which had no effect we headed in deeper. At one of these points I felt the race had gone normal and everything seemed smooth. The convoy was also moving well and we were thoroughly enjoying what the area had to offer. Playing through some wonderful but challenging dunes, we reached the Super Bowl.

At this point we all decided to take rest and fill up with some nice food and a refreshing cup of tea. After the rest with the sun about to come out we headed towards the Iftar Bowl. These dunes are really nice for playing and keep you engaged throughout. We were not even half way through when we heard @Gaurav bhai on the radio that something strange was happening with his car. Unfortunately the tire rod end had broken, but luckily he was on a small dune. After taking out the tire rod end we backed up the Pajero on to a slightly straight ground. We had to leave her behind and @Gaurav bhai rode with me. With a little play still left due to awesome dunes we exited the area, inflated and headed back home. My car trouble also started again but reach both of us home.

Thanks to @Javier M for the second lead. Since I was not there for the second part of recovering the Pajero I will let @Gaurav bhai tell you the rest of the story. My pics have been uploaded on the gallery.

• Like (+1) 6

Thanks for the lovely trip report.

I, Saleem and Jaleel went on Friday evening with half working tire rod end and link rod compiled from used parts lying in saleem garage. This made it fine to exit and drive back home.

Just ordered the new ones now and also the set of all rear bushing, as one of them is making little clack clack in dunes. So hopefully will get everything sorted within this week.

• Like (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use