•  
Advertise here

Finally its out in the open!

Jeh

The gora life is a tough life. You come to Dubai and expect to be handed 100,000 dhs cash as soon as you get off the plane, but in reality all you get is some guy trying to charge you 150 dhs for a set of fake apple earphones in karama 😂

• Haha (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Barry said:

The gora life is a tough life. You come to Dubai and expect to be handed 100,000 dhs cash as soon as you get off the plane, but in reality all you get is some guy trying to charge you 150 dhs for a set of fake apple earphones in karama 😂

Part and parcel of the gora Bhai package. 

Plus you folk have no negotiation skills!

Edited by desertdude
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Part and parcel of the gora Bhai package. 

Plus you folk have no negotiation skills!

I can negotiate but if someone is going to give me a stupid first price because I’m gora I will just tell them to F off and I won’t deal with them. They don’t deserve my business. I’m not a tourist and I know how much things cost, I know their profit margins.

Case in hand, I was selling some scrap at work past few days. First guy offered me 250, I told him F off. Then he offered 300, I gave him same response. He eventually offered 500 and I told him I would call the police if he didn’t get out of the garage. Ended up selling it all to a nice honest Punjabi guy today for 5,000, his first offer. Any this a hole wanted me to take 10% of that because he thinks I’m stupid gora?

Its racism, pure and simple. At home I am a sheep farmer who likes to play with cars. I’m not a rich man, never have been, probably never will be, but when people think I’m stupid or try to scam me because of the colour of my skin it makes my dung boil. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hi, guys!

Probably, water quality depends a lot on the location of the building and its maintenance.

We are lucky to live in a fairly new village built from scratch in the middle of the desert so I can be sure that all pipes and tanks are not older than 5 years at the moment. Also maintenance provider cleans everything regularly.

We drink tap water which is boiled, that's a must.

Water could be chemically clean but contain harmful bacteria or vice versa. The only thing, when water is not clean chemically, we might feel it. When it is contaminated by bacteria, it is much harder to notice. As a precaution, we boil all water which we drink or use for cooking.

So far we have not got any problems and, hopefully, we will not have any.

Also, one more thing. We are concerned about water tanks and pipes condition in our buildings. But where is a guarantee that tanks and pipes in water bottling plants are better than in our buildings?

Anyway, in some areas it is not that safe to drink tap water so it is always your choice! 

Stay safe! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Just recently there was some spilling of sewer line in to the water lines in Ajman towers those people were not even drinking that water only mouth rinse and usual stuff slowly the whole building people ended up in the hospital...your safety is your responsibility not of anyone elses. I am born and raised here from that time what I have seen is that we have been buying our water...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

15 hours ago, shadow79 said:

Just recently there was some spilling of sewer line in to the water lines in Ajman towers those people were not even drinking that water only mouth rinse and usual stuff slowly the whole building people ended up in the hospital...your safety is your responsibility not of anyone elses. I am born and raised here from that time what I have seen is that we have been buying our water...

Ajman, totally different story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

21 hours ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

Also, one more thing. We are concerned about water tanks and pipes condition in our buildings. But where is a guarantee that tanks and pipes in water bottling plants are better than in our buildings?

Municipality here is EXTREMELY strict with any food businesses here, so Im sure that to get bottling plant license and all associate permissions must be super strict and they need to maintain certain standard like NSF, FDA, ISO, ESMA Etc.

Read here: https://www.maidubaiwater.com/whatson/mai-dubai-water-gets-nsf-certification/

image.png

For saving the environment from plastic bottles, I am using the 20 liter water dispenser from al bayan since long time.

Second best way I feel is the use of RO filtration process.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav nice to know!

Actually, I never had any issues with food poisoning or something similar in the UAE.

I think that I do not trust 100% to the food industry just because of my background from the home country 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1