•  
Advertise here

Car Care - Interior & Exterior Cleaning

syedyaseer

Gentlemen. Need advice on car care. I would like to know more about the car care products used by carnity member. Please mention only first hand used and experienced products not the products available in the market. 

• Like (+1) 1

When I was young and had plenty of time, every week I used to detail clean all my cars for personal satisfaction and perfectionist touch. Here are the few products I remember using for great results:

• Meguire leather cleaner and conditioner - 2 diff products
  • Turtle wax polish - first option
  • Carnuba or formula 1 wax - second option
  • Formula 1 - scratch out rubbing compound bottle - used to be 7 dhs and now I think it cost 30 dhs. Very useful for fine scratches, extra shine on headlight, trim, etc.
  • Armor all tire cleaner spray, interior cleaner and protector spray.
  • NEVER use dashboard spray as it spoil dashboard and also windshield in summer to have haze when cooked in 60 degrees outside heat.
  • There used to one more spray I used to use for black exterior trim, that use to restore its shine from off-black look. Can't recall its name - wonderful product and used to last that shine and crisp black look for a month easily.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

16 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

When I was young and had plenty of time, every week I used to detail clean all my cars for personal satisfaction and perfectionist touch. Here are the few products I remember using for great results:

• Meguire leather cleaner and conditioner - 2 diff products
  • Turtle wax polish - first option
  • Carnuba or formula 1 wax - second option
  • Formula 1 - scratch out rubbing compound bottle - used to be 7 dhs and now I think it cost 30 dhs. Very useful for fine scratches, extra shine on headlight, trim, etc.
  • Armor all tire cleaner spray, interior cleaner and protector spray.
  • NEVER use dashboard spray as it spoil dashboard and also windshield in summer to have haze when cooked in 60 degrees outside heat.
  • There used to one more spray I used to use for black exterior trim, that use to restore its shine from off-black look. Can't recall its name - wonderful product and used to last that shine and crisp black look for a month easily.

@Gaurav bhai Thanks!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Back to black or Son of a gun?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

Back to black or Son of a gun?

Nope, if I hear that name i'll recollect for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:40 PM, Rahimdad said:

I don't clean my car, no use, it gets dirty again.

Contiuing with that logic I'm guessing you don't take a bath either!!!!!! :shock:

• Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Contiuing with that logic I'm guessing you don't take a bath either!!!!!! :shock:

He takes care of himself but not his car. His car get take care from passing to passing :D

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/1/2019 at 5:40 PM, Rahimdad said:

I don't clean my car, no use, it gets dirty again.

Brilliant !

makes me remember my father in law who used to see me washing my car every weekend and would look at me saying “will the car go faster now ?” 

He drove his Ford Sierra for 20years and never washed it, the rain kept it clean. As he was keeping horses you can imagine how dirty it was. People in the town were talking negative about it cuz he was the school principal but he couldn’t care less 😂

Edited by Frederic
  • Haha (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."