•  
Advertise here

My Pathy has stuck spark plugs.

41 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Wish you let me know earlier @desertdude, I already bought the nail polish remover, which is the only thing I can't use after this task is done and dusted. Already had a can of WD40.

Don't worry as acetone+atf still better than WD40 by two places.

If you open the stuck plug, it will pay you back in multi-fold. Hope this does the magic and Pathy gets new plug soon.

Just an idea: Maybe you can use torque wrench to limit the force than breaking the plug, so when torque wrench slips keep pouring the penetrating solution every 30 minutes. Only catch is to find the plug breaking torque.....! Shouldn't be very difficult though.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Wish you let me know earlier @desertdude, I already bought the nail polish remover, which is the only thing I can't use after this task is done and dusted. Already had a can of WD40.

LOL how was I supposed to know you were looking for this!

• Thanks (+1) 1

True that @desertdude.

I will be taking it back to @shadow79 this evening and leaving my Pathy in his capable hands.

Hope he can save me the cost this time around as I am short of cash.

• Like (+1) 2

WD40 is a lubricant, it’s not a penetrating oil. If you’re looking for penetrating oil in a can, Plus Gas is the best but I’ve never seen it for sale in uae. WD40 is good for squeaky hinges and making plastics shine temporarily but as a penetrating oil it’s useless. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Barry said:

WD40 is a lubricant, it’s not a penetrating oil. If you’re looking for penetrating oil in a can, Plus Gas is the best but I’ve never seen it for sale in uae. WD40 is good for squeaky hinges and making plastics shine temporarily but as a penetrating oil it’s useless. 

See the video posted earlier 

• Like (+1) 2