•  
Advertise here

After yesterday's drive while coming out to tarmac, I experienced little intermittent blinking of engine oil and realized that its time to top up. After coming out I topped up the engine oil to MAX level which was earlier close to MIN level but in safe zone. Then after topping up still engine oil light was blinking on highway, so pulled over and Jalil checked if oil is coming to lifters from engine oil cap and it was all fine. After one day cool off, just started the car and now its no longer blinking but more of a constant light in D and no light in reverse.

Any idea what is happening and how we can fix this.....?

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Could be electrical funkyness but am more inclined to the type of oil you using as the oil pump in that engine is crescent type so when the oil gets hot it becomes thinner and while the crescent pump opreates it has a pulsating pressure which becomes more evident when the oil thins up try 20w50 it's tiny bit thicker then 0w40 so the flow becomes more uniform and stop's the light and the sounds which you told me about should go out when the oil thins up alil and nicely reaches the nooks and corner's...once it's there then there shouldn't be any sound thingy there and hope the light funkyness should also go away...

• Like (+1) 1

I am using this same oil since 8 years without any issues and on the contrary, every time I changed engine oil some disaster happen from knocking noise to busted engine. Even the habtoor lukoil also failed after 3-4 offroad drive and started producing loud knocking after 1000 kms, changed back to Mobil 1 - 0W40 - everything went straight. So I am sorry, I wont change the engine oil.

• Like (+1) 1

Engine oil Dynamics are not constant they change according to many factors it's not atf that you have to toss in only what the manufacturer recommends or else clutch will sing something...this topic heats up regularly but has not reached anywhere anytime...

• Like (+1) 1

Just checked the present engine oil age and it has done 2552 kms so far and changed on May 8, less than 3 months ago.

Usually I change anywhere after 5K-6K kms as it has 10K life, also check the oil color and smell looks nice and crispy, little darker now but matches with 2500 kms use.

As a first rule, I think if after all the sensor and grounding check is done, I should change the oil and see if it happen again. Wht do you guys think....?

• Like (+1) 1

Low oil pressure will illuminate the warning light regardless of whether you are in Drive or Reverse. I agree with @desertdude, this is more like to be a ground or wiring issue than anything else.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

🤔 I would do this in this order.. 

1. Change the oil pressure sensor.
  2. Change the oil and change the oil filter (oil filter might be clogged) 
  3. Im sure any shop can do an oil pressure test, I would do this before considering the changing the oil pump. 
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1