•  
Advertise here

Car Audio Digital Music Changer not working

Srikumar

Hi

I recently installed a Digital Music Changer in my 8th gen Honda Civic. This is mainly to connect a USB / AUX / Memory Card to the existing head unit.

I have been using it a little over a month with the AUX connection. Yesterday I inserted a memory card for the first time. While it was working fine in the morning, by evening it stopped working and even the AUX connection was not working. I tried restarting the car, disconnecting the Digital Music Changer from the head unit. But to no use.

Even this morning when I started the car it was not working, and suddenly after an hour it started working. In the afternoon it again stopped working.

Though it's a minor issue, but i spent AED 200 for the unit and incase i have to replace it was wondering what i need to check to avoid this the next time. 

Any suggestions?

• Like (+1) 2

Can you share some details on the unit itself ? 

Was the wiring done properly ? I mean soldered and not just twisted into each other ? Or is this a plug and play thingy ?

Maybe the unit is sending out a distorted signal (too loud) for the headunit and this input goes into safety. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

If you recently bought this, which I think you must have after your recent civic purchase, just go to the shop and complain.

If it's old then DIY debugging is a good idea.

Which brand is that, share some model info so we can dig into it.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Looks like he bought it from Dragon Mart without a receipt or even a business card.

When he went back to complaint all the shops and faces look same.

That's why he is not replying here ;-)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I actually got it done in Deira Naif area and unfortunately have not had the time to visit the area yet.

But in the meanwhile, I was able to isolate the issue to my SD card only and I was reading somewhere (cant recollect where now) that if in the SD card there are more than 99 songs in a single folder this error can happen. So would be segregating the songs in the folders and giving it a try. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

6 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

I actually got it done in Deira Naif area and unfortunately have not had the time to visit the area yet.

But in the meanwhile, I was able to isolate the issue to my SD card only and I was reading somewhere (cant recollect where now) that if in the SD card there are more than 99 songs in a single folder this error can happen. So would be segregating the songs in the folders and giving it a try. 

Yes that’s a good remark. Also check if the unit accepts MP3 only or not. You might have other audio formats on that cards like M4a, AAC, Wmv, etc... that the unit is having difficulty with.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."