•  
Advertise here

Does Fix A Flat In A Can Work?

desertdude

Seems that the guy never used fix a flat before it took him 3 attempts to understand how to use it 😂. They all do the job, which is to repair your tire temporarily so you can go and have it repaired.

I would not use preventive products like tire sealant specially on modern cars, they could mess up with your TPMS.

They also make Slime in a spray similar to fix a flat. All my cars back home have two Slime cans in case of an emergency. I haven't seen it here though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Seems that the guy never used fix a flat before it took him 3 attempts to understand how to use it 😂. They all do the job, which is to repair your tire temporarily so you can go and have it repaired.

I would not use preventive products like tire sealant specially on modern cars, they could mess up with your TPMS.

They also make Slime in a spray similar to fix a flat. All my cars back home have two Slime cans in case of an emergency. I haven't seen it here though.

Many German cars don't come with a spare tyre anymore, so i bought two of these cans to keep with me in case of a flat tyre. Never used them so if anybody wants them let me know.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Javier M said:

Well I always wanted so see if they actually work. Being a long time offroader always carry a air comp in all my cars so never needed it. 

Seems like the yellow can fix a flat which is widely available here didn't turn out so good

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah it's not very good but is better than having nothing, it will work as long as your wheel keeps turning.

It's good for road emergencies specially for some ladies that don't know much about cars. I have tried many but always go with slime.

But for off-road I would just use a tire repair kit and a compressor. It is more reliable on big tires. 

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Most of the new cars in Europe don’t come with a spare tyre. You get a can of this stuff and a compressor instead, unless you pay extra and spec a spare wheel. Fine if you drive over a nail but totally useless if you have a blowout. Your tyre fitter will also hate you. This stuff takes forever to clean up so you can do a proper repair. 

I used to use slime in my motorcycle tyres. It does work. I used to get punctures regularly but the slime did what it was supposed to do, but again, when it comes time for a tyre change, your tyre guy will hate you. 

• WOW (+2) 1

39 minutes ago, Barry said:

Most of the new cars in Europe don’t come with a spare tyre. You get a can of this stuff and a compressor instead, unless you pay extra and spec a spare wheel. Fine if you drive over a nail but totally useless if you have a blowout. Your tyre fitter will also hate you. This stuff takes forever to clean up so you can do a proper repair. 

I used to use slime in my motorcycle tyres. It does work. I used to get punctures regularly but the slime did what it was supposed to do, but again, when it comes time for a tyre change, your tyre guy will hate you. 

Lol yes I remember the I hate you look from the tire guy when they were cleaning the tire, some shops charge extra because of the mess 

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 1

Look into this and learn how to use it

https://www.amazon.ae/Bike-tubeless-Tire-Repair-Puncture/dp/B07MCVN1ZP/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=tyre+repair+kit&qid=1565106054&s=gateway&sprefix=tyre+repai&sr=8-2

It’s cheap and it does work but you need a way to inflate the tyre. Plenty of “premium” garages in Dubai using this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Barry said:

Look into this and learn how to use it

https://www.amazon.ae/Bike-tubeless-Tire-Repair-Puncture/dp/B07MCVN1ZP/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=tyre+repair+kit&qid=1565106054&s=gateway&sprefix=tyre+repai&sr=8-2

It’s cheap and it does work but you need a way to inflate the tyre. Plenty of “premium” garages in Dubai using this.

I have repaired a big hole puncture with this kit in less than 10 mins in offroad and then continue using that tire for 2 years. This exactly how puncture shop repair the puncture. These little strings are literally magical to stop leak after you wet them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.