•  

Newbie Fewbie Offroad Drive - Mahafiz - 8 Aug 2019

Gaurav

5 minutes ago, Adel Muradov said:

Hi @Gauravi am on my way,might be a bit late,will come 10:45 

Try to come soon please, I'm waiting there already. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Adel Muradov said:

The petrol station is working? I can fill my tank there?

I am 10 min away

Yes its working

• Like (+1) 1

It was a very different drive than the usual ones, in which we had a good mix of new faces and few come back after a long break. It was good to see @Asif Hussain with his friends after a very long time. Nice to have @Emmanuel after his month long vacation break. @AKR was the first to reach and I was totally surprised to see him after a very long break, as he managed to make 1:4 days trade off with his wife. Followed by new offroader with us @Adel Muradov totally impressed me with his adaptation and following all the newbie briefing points to superb level. And above all Adel handling of his beast Patrol was something very impressive irrespective of LWB, he manage to do very well overall. Also love the guest appearance from our superman @Rahimdad at the meeting point just to say hello to all of us as he is busy with his house shifting this week.

We started a bit late after few delays and newbie briefing, and I kept the pace slow on flat and rolling dunes to test the convoy capability and slowly wake them up after a long break. Everyone responded very nice and thanks to @G.huz for a capable second lead to keep the convoy safe. As we start getting little warmed we start having few stuck and I remember @Srikumar comment of not keeping the drive boring without any stuck. Weather was very humid but every stuck gives us an opportunity to put the teamwork together and get the whole convoy back on its way asap. Everyone responded very well from simple to tricky recoveries and soon we were on our way to top of fossil rock.

We lay our spread around 3:30 and wind stopped blowing with the most humid night we can imagine in this entire summer. Initially it was terrible to sit, but after few minutes wind changed her mind and blessed us with good intermittent breeze so that we can eat in peace, relax and share nice stories from France to Uzbekistan to Pakistan to India and UAE. As we had our fill, we packed and moved for the second leg to go down from behind and circle fossil rock to reach the Tawi Khatimah for saying hello to monster dunes at first break of sunlight.

Here everyone become like a kid making an endless attempts after another and that's what bring the true offroading spirit of enjoying the challenging climb irrespective of the fact that you can just make 25% of the whole dune size. After our 3 tricky monster dunes, I decided to test the stairs knowing that convoy was very responsive and fully charged. To my surprise everyone safely reach almost to the top of Fossil rock from backside in two of the different stairs strategy I tried. The view from top was very serene and everyone who reached the top had a ear to ear smile of solid accomplishment and pride. After nice round of photos, videos and selfies, we decided to exit and all reached the ADNOC by 7:00 AM to beat the heat while going back.

Looking forward to see you all soon, have a nice long weekend and enjoy your EID holidays.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Gaurav for this wonderful drive enjoyed a lot... and I am sorry for making everyone wait for me.. one of my passenger friend had work till 10.30pm on thursday.. so we started after 10.30 from abu dhabi straight to deflating point. Thank you @G.huz @AKR @Shamil @shadow79 @Srikumar @Adel Muradov @Emmanuel

@Rahimdad we missed you. See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you @Gaurav and supporting Marshals, i really enjoyed the ride. It was completely new experience to drive at night, but due to excellent leading skills and support of entire team, all went smooth! Looking forward to drive with you all! Eid Mubarak! 

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use