•  
Advertise here

2 hours ago, Sidshk said:

Does any one knw where to find those paints protection spray 

Apply clear/transparent ones. Sometimes cops will give you ticket for changing the color of your car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

You are from Oman ?

Yes originally, but im in UAE since few year now.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, Frederic said:

* Omani drivers can be pretty wild. Be careful, keep distance, and do not provoke.

Not really, Omani are very cool and welcoming but yes you are right for young drivers. That's same everywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Sidshk said:

I will be the only driver 

This is actually not advisable. Atleast 2 ppl should be there. The journey is really really long and at times especially during summer, boring. In those 30mins break which you will take make sure do some light exercise to free up your muscles. Make sure atleast one of your friend keeps talking to you, like constantly! . Dont let everyone sleep and you are the only one driving. Especially the passenger next to you should not sleep. 

There are speed cameras randomly placed so as Gaurav said please dont exceed 140 its not going to make any difference in reaching early. 

Once you reach that place all your stress will just disappear in thin air. So enjoy the ride and drive safe. 

1 hour ago, adil said:

Not really, Omani are very cool and welcoming but yes you are right for young drivers. That's same everywhere.

True that. Omani drivers are the most hospitable people. No matter which expensive car they are driving they will always stop and ask if your stuck in the mountains or wadis.They will always offer tea if they are camping next to you in the wadis. I have traveled across mountains and wadis in Oman and have really experienced their hospitality first hand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@adil

I only have wonderful memories from my visits to Oman and I absolutely adore the hospitality and helpful attitude of the people. 

My comment about the drivers is not meant in a bad way, but as you know there are far less speed cameras installed and i felt the driving by the Omani locals was sometimes really crazy. And yes that might young people mainly but they mess it up for the others. 

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Sidshk all the best and happy journey, drive safe.

One of the most scenic ride I have ever taken was this route: Salalah - Mirbat - Hadbeen - Hasik.  The total distance is around 200 kms (one way) from Salalah. Hasik is worth two-hour drive with some of the most gorgeous mountain views and incredible seaside drive along the coastal road. There is not much to see in Hasik but if you continue along the road from Hadbeen to Hasik, look for some interesting limestone formation overhanging the cliffs.

You can also plan your trip as below: (I had never tried this route but sure next time when I visit I will definitely take this route)

Haima (half way to Salalah from Dubai) take LEFT to – Shalim via Ash Shuwaymiyyah via HASIK via Hadbeen via Mirbat via Taqha to Salalah this route will add you around 100 kms to your Dubai to Salalah trip instead of driving 2hours + 2hours  from Salalah to Hasik and back to Salalah.

Plan your trip that you reach Haima in the evening and stay there at night. There are few hotels in Haima (you can google and check). Next day early morning start your trip and by evening you can reach Salalah. You can also visit Anti Gravity Point at Mirbat on your way to Salalah

Location to visit on your way:

Canyon View Point (between Ash Shuwaymiyyah – HASIK. (I had never gone here) https://goo.gl/maps/oV7w5MasnWuw9K9DA

Anti-Gravity Point Mirbat - https://goo.gl/maps/Hh15Rsh7kPK6k2Ha9

Route: Haima to Salalah Via HASIK

image.png.1992725a99bd206658343e7751ccc461.png

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2