Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Dual front differentials in jeep

Couldn’t find the original thread but here’s the gearbox and transfer box

I know some of you think I’m a crazy dreamer but this is crazy than anything I could ever dream up. 

It’s real

047D7F6B-54A5-40A9-990E-F98848C9AB50.jpeg

529C2363-5312-411B-8D0A-36BF85920A66.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • WOW 1

11 hours ago, desertdude said:

Rather pointless I must say. 

I agree, I can't think of a single practical advantage this set-up could possibly have. I'm also thinking that this was a proof-of-concept design that was dropped when the designers realized that the whole thing was more trouble than it was worth.

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 1

Only saved some space right under the engine by placing it at ends but still to much moving parts means high wear and service...

• Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, treks said:

I agree, I can't think of a single practical advantage this set-up could possibly have. I'm also thinking that this was a proof-of-concept design that was dropped when the designers realized that the whole thing was more trouble than it was worth.

It came out of a 1980s GMC G series van. Can’t find much information on it but it was produced for less than 2 years. 

• Like 2