•  
Advertise here

Car not starting

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

How often do you see battery terminals with post grease on them though? I’ve never even seen it on dealer serviced cars. Servicing in UAE generally means an oil and filter change, if you’re lucky they might blow out the air filter with an air line. 

I have a few spare cans of battery post grease if anyone needs some. 

Isn’t this just regular white lithium grease ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

20 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I def need one, save one for me please and ill arrange to pick it up. Thnx

Sure. I’ll be at the shop on Saturday. I have a lot of spare cool stuff so I’ll make you a nice little care package full of stuff you didn’t even know existed 😬

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

26 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Isn’t this just regular white lithium grease ?

It’s specially formulated grease with conductive particles to maximise electricity transmission. 

In theory, you can use any grease, EP2 works, you can even cover the battery posts in Vaseline if you want. The main aim is to keep the air away from the connection to prevent oxidisation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Not any grease Bhai I once had a car come in with funky starting issue cleaned the grease on the terminal which seemed like he got for free so why not just dip the battery in it....

• Haha (+1) 3

On 8/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, shadow79 said:

Could be still your starter is funky it happens when at multiple attempts it just starts but then gain out of the blue it will not start...it's a good time to take it to workshop

Thanks for the help, I will keep a check on that if next time car fails to start again.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:36 PM, desertdude said:

And cleaning the battery terminal didn't occur to you during all your under hood inspection and trouble shooting, since you describe it as all gunked up. 

No, it actually dindt as green powder was hiding inside the battery terminal and when they open it all the mess came out.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:48 AM, Javier M said:

Would recommend to put some dielectric grease on the battery terminals to prevent this issue from happening. 

Sure will do, any recommended shop or place from where I can pickup and DIY?

On 8/15/2019 at 2:29 AM, shadow79 said:

If it's well serviced then you won't face terminal funkyness in the first place...

I thought this too and will point out to the service guys next time I visit them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1