•  

Intermediate Morning Drive in Sweihan - 16th Aug 2019

Srikumar

Sweihan dunes also regarded as "Little Liwa" by some offers plenty of opportunities to test our desert driving skills by climbing sideways, ridge riding, ridge cutting and to climb huge dunes to its peak and capture some stunning pictures. As the weather is still hot, its best to start off at the onset of sunrise and have a good 3 hours of fast paced drive through some of the most amazing dunes that UAE has to offer. 

This drive is for Intermediate & above level

When: 16th August 2019, Friday 
Meeting time: 4:45 AM, Convoy will move sharp at 5:00 AM 

Meeting GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/4YP93yynZaYBuNHq7

Level of drive: Intermediate & Above

What to bring along: Snacks, Quick Breakfast whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. 

Approximate Finish Time: 9:00 AM on 16th August 2019, Friday

Please Note, at meeting point there is no petrol station, make sure you fill your tanks on your way at nearest petrol station.

If you are coming via the Abu Dhabi truck road the nearest gas station is https://goo.gl/maps/xnrTzaMEpAN3UXWF6

If you are coming via Dubai, the closest and most convenient gas station is https://goo.gl/maps/pG6gsxQRXbSN9qF77

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• Like (+1) 6

Nice choice Sri, we love Sweihan for grand dunes and most amazing offroad terrain in UAE.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’m currently exploring beautiful Sri Lanka (not off-roading) and will be back end of the month. 

Missing you guys, and the sand between my toes 😂

• Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

49 minutes ago, G.huz said:

OMG dude, Swaihan & early morning drive... Can't get any better :)

but isn't it still a bit too hot in the morning?

Hopefully not, as Sri has done tremendous research and bribe the heat god to only wake up after 9

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Hopefully not, as Sri has done tremendous research and bribe the heat god to only wake up after 9

Or maybe after his weather observations and scientific analysis that night at the tip of the Fossil Rock, when the breeze only started at around 4 am 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, G.huz said:

Or maybe after his weather observations and scientific analysis that night at the tip of the Fossil Rock, when the breeze only started at around 4 am 😂

That's why I have kept an extra one hour and we are starting at 5 am just to be on safe side. 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, G.huz said:

Let's extend it until 12 pm 🙄 😬

I fully support this. 

10 hours ago, G.huz said:

but isn't it still a bit too hot in the morning?

Been doing morning drives during the summer, it doesn't get hot until around 10-11 am. 

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Javier M said:

I fully support this. 

Been doing morning drives during the summer, it doesn't get hot until around 10-11 am. 

We know that too, and Sri plan to exit by 9 to keep an hour as a buffer till 10 AM for any extreme recoveries or problems.

Depending on the situation and actual heat in sand we might play around till 10 AM.

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use