•  
Advertise here

OBD to USB lead for sale

Barry

I am using torque it's not just some crappy software it's really good. if it's not showing you what you need over the counter then my friend you have to feed the PID of that particular sensor and to calculate the PID you'll have be proficient in protocol extraction plus you will need a better dongle not just any will do it...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

Does it support j2534 pass through protocol then I want it

Along with being a manufacturer specific tool it also doubles as a regular obdii reader and support s all protocol s including j2534

But I wouldn't recommend it for you since you run a shop with many different cars coming in. And by the time you buy half a dozen iCarsoft tools to cover most cars you could probably just buy a multivehicle tool like the launch for the same money.

Or you could buy two for the most popular cars which come to your shop and the good thing is one iCarsoft covers two manufacturers like the one for Mitsubishi also covers Mazda and the one I have for LR also covers Jaguar. But you can't pick and choose which two brands you get in one tool. So of you get two you get 4 car manufacturers plus regular obdii

They are built quite rugged and water and oil resistant so you can use oily and greasy hands to use it and them give it a wipe down later and can stand a good few drops too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @desertdude for icarsoft recommendation. 

I am actually looking for something like this Bluetooth device that can hook up with smartphone software for code reading and clearing + live data feed of fluid and exhaust related temperature for offroad use.

https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-294-icarsoft_bluetooth_multi_scan_tool_i620.html

@Frederic can you check when you are free if this Bluetooth dongle will work on our Pajero's MUT protocol?

@shadow79 existing one didn't worked on my Pajero but I love his torque dashboard for live readings.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just something else to throw out there. If you have an Android head unit, you can download Torque or a similar app onto it, use the Bluetooth dongle, and you can have real time live data displayed on a full size screen as you drive. Better than looking at a tiny phone screen. Installed this system in a G65 a few months ago. Total cost for head unit and dongle was under 1,500 plus my time to install it, but this is something anyone can buy the parts and do themselves. Dragon mart has all the stuff. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I am actually looking for something like this Bluetooth device that can hook up with smartphone software for code reading and clearing + live data feed of fluid and exhaust related temperature for offroad use.

https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-294-icarsoft_bluetooth_multi_scan_tool_i620.html

@Frederic can you check when you are free if this Bluetooth dongle will work on our Pajero's MUT protocol?

@shadow79 existing one didn't worked on my Pajero but I love his torque dashboard for live readings.

Exhaust temps? EGT is relevant to diesel engines

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

Along with being a manufacturer specific tool it also doubles as a regular obdii reader and support s all protocol s including j2534

But I wouldn't recommend it for you since you run a shop with many different cars coming in. And by the time you buy half a dozen iCarsoft tools to cover most cars you could probably just buy a multivehicle tool like the launch for the same money.

I already have launch x431 master with me and have access at will to g scan 2 and latest launch pro...

G scan also doubles as a j2534 but still won't work with many dealer softwares

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I’ve looked into that last year and the MUT-II protocol which was used in Mitsubishi from 1995-2003 is not compatible with MOST OBD scanners 

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/other-mitsubishi-vehicles/678452-mut-over-obd2-elm327.html

i remember checking all the EVO tuner forums and they suggested using the Evoscan software, but that requires a laptop, which defeats the purpose you’d want to use it for. 

The icarsoft I am not sure about, you would be best off emailing them with your car details so they verify it, but I doubt it will work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

15 hours ago, Gaurav said:

live data feed of fluid and exhaust related temperature for offroad use.

For the exhaust temperature you could add an EGT gauge and probe, the probe is very simple it is just a thermocouple connected to the gauge. I doubt you can do this via your ECU because of  it being an older model. Even some newer vehicles have to be reprogrammed to understand this signal. It is just simpler to install a gauge. 

Installing this is not very difficult. I installed one of this in my Lancer EVO I have back home. Some people install one per cylinder, in your case one or two will be enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Frederic said:

I’ve looked into that last year and the MUT-II protocol which was used in Mitsubishi from 1995-2003 is not compatible with MOST OBD scanners 

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/other-mitsubishi-vehicles/678452-mut-over-obd2-elm327.html

i remember checking all the EVO tuner forums and they suggested using the Evoscan software, but that requires a laptop, which defeats the purpose you’d want to use it for. 

The icarsoft I am not sure about, you would be best off emailing them with your car details so they verify it, but I doubt it will work.

Well maybe this will give you an idea, have a watch and see if its helpful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1