•  
Advertise here

Pedal Commander

Frederic

Does anyone has experience using the Pedal Commander ?

I particularly like the Eco mode which could help you saving fuel, and the sport mode for faster throttle response.

i like the fact that it’s plug and play and doesn’t mess with the ECU. It just connects between your throttle pedal. 

Looking into ways to make my 2008 Pajero a bit more quicker to respond. Now the power comes more slowly when pressing the pedal. 

https://www.pedalcommander.com/

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

The concept is quite simple: the gas pedal sends a linear output to the ECU. If you push your pedal in for 15%, then 15% signal is sent to the ECU.

By connecting the Pedal Commander inbetween the gas pedal throttle sensor and the ECU, you are able to change that signal from linear to whatever signal you want. If you’re doing technical dunes for example and want your throttle response to be quick at the slightest touch of the pedal, than you select a setting that is more suitable and aggressive. Have a look at the chart. 

54A2E51A-CDC6-431B-A69B-8E74AFCDA373.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I personally haven't used this but a friend of mine has this on his jeep cherokee(hes not very pleased with it) and i have been part of discussions about the actual use of this contraption. Basically what this device offers is something that can be achieved by giving the right gas at the right time. so bottom line is that it is not a must have for offloading as such and the eco mode is something whereby the practical results have not matched the claims of the manufacturer in terms of the percentage reduction in gas mileage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Looks like it just sends a distorted signal to the ECU to trick it into thinking something else is happening. I would love to pull one apart to see whats happening but I guess its just a few resistors and a potentiometer on a PCB. Better just to spend some money and get a remap and have some real results. I bought a ZX 16v a few years ago with something similar installed. The guy I bought the car from told me it was an "adjustable tuner". I wasn't impressed with it and ended up disconnecting it.

If you want to play with the TPS on a Pajero for free, you can adjust the sensor on the back of the throttle body. Its either 1 or 2 Philips head screws, I don't remember, then you can rotate it forward or back and experiment to see what results you get. Mark the original position with a sharpie or tippex before you start playing so you can put it back to the original position if you aren't happy.

Here's a bonus pic of the ZX 16v, one of 500 sold in UK, only 5 remaining on the road. White ZX behind is a Volcane TD.

zx

• Like (+1) 3

The pedal commander or other similar products are very simple, it is just an adjustable potentiometer that adjusts the pedal position sensor, that's all it does, you just "feel" more power but in reality it wont change the horsepower at all.

However if you are looking for a quicker response I would say go for it. Just keep in mind as I said it won't really add horsepower. 

• Like (+1) 1